Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly updating twice a week

Solved!

Discover Weekly updating twice a week

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a weird behaviour from Discover Weekly. It updates on Monday, like it usually should. But on Tuesday, it suddenly updates again, with some songs being the same, but some other different, with a different order.

Since I first experienced this bug four weeks ago, I recorded the playlist after each change. This week (Monday May the 14th 2018), here are my two lists side by side (see attachment). On the left, Monday's list, on the right Tuesday's list.

I highlighted the tracks as following :

•  Yellow for the ones that are the same from one week to another, but are not the same on Monday and Tuesday (that means that it keeps recycling some songs, but different ones) (5 tracks)
  • Pink for the one track that was the same on May the 8th and got repeated on both Monday and Tuesday's playlist (1 track)
  • Orange for the Monday ones that got replaced (17 tracks)
  • Green for the new ones on Tuesday (16 tracks)
  • No highlight for the common new tracks (10 tracks)

Good news for me, that leaves me with 42 genuinely new tracks, if I exclude the repetitions from one week to another and one track I know for sure. So basically, I'm not really complaning and asking for a fix, but rather an explanation on what actually happens.

Thanks in advance for any reply to this thread.

Best regards,

Hadrien

Capture d’écran 2018-05-16 à 17.43.05.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same here...This has been happening for a couple of months now. Too bad there's no official response from a Spotify personnel about this, I'm sure I've lost a lot of good recommendations because of this.

Edit: notice that this is not a problem concerning only Desktop Mac app. It's a general problem with the playlist update and occures accross all platforms (I'm using the Windows desktop app and Android app). After a bit more googling I can see there are multiple threads here in different sub-forums regarding this issue. It seems a possible workaround is to un-follow and re-follow your Discover weekly, but it doesn't solve the problem for everyone:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Discover-Weekly-resetting-on-Monday-a...

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Also have this. New playlist on Monday as usual, and then a mish-mash of new songs and songs from Monday's playlist today (Tuesday). 

Yea I noticed that too. I lost some sweet songs due to the second update.

Same happened to a friend of mine. Release Radar seem to have the same issue as well. Still no clue though...

I noticed the same thing this week. Discover Weekly generally used to refresh on Sunday’s at 4PM Mountain Time, but last week it refreshed at midnight Sunday, and again on Monday. 

I have it too, expecting it to happen on Sunday after 23pm I listend to the songs without saving them. Suddenly (seems to be Tuesday too) they replaced songs and one I liked a lot is gone.

😞

Please undo the cause, this behaviour does not match the name "Weekly".

Jep, same behaviour for me.

I use Spotify mainly on a Samsung S4 mini, and let download the "Discover Weekly" playlist.

Currently the list updates on Monday (as usual) and the songs are downloaded to the device - ok.

Additionally another update happens on Tuesday: Like all the others describe, some old songs from the previous list, and many new ones appear in the list ( and become downloaded as well) - not ok.

I guess I wouln't have noticed it, but the active download of 30 songs on Tuesday morning let me discover that issue.

Research & fix would be appreciated!

PS: possible workaround for those who want to save the mix of Monday: I'm currently using the service from mixkeepr (http://www.mixkeepr.com/) who "Archive your Spotify Discover Weekly playlists and keep them forever"

same thing here, happened 2 weeks in a row now

Marked as solution

Same here...This has been happening for a couple of months now. Too bad there's no official response from a Spotify personnel about this, I'm sure I've lost a lot of good recommendations because of this.

Edit: notice that this is not a problem concerning only Desktop Mac app. It's a general problem with the playlist update and occures accross all platforms (I'm using the Windows desktop app and Android app). After a bit more googling I can see there are multiple threads here in different sub-forums regarding this issue. It seems a possible workaround is to un-follow and re-follow your Discover weekly, but it doesn't solve the problem for everyone:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Discover-Weekly-resetting-on-Monday-a...

i have same problem. the list updates itself twice a week and i am losing songs that i liked before i save them. 

S1creenshot_20220105-140700_Spotify.jpg
S2creenshot_20220105-140711_Spotify.jpg

Hi tirozinkinaz ! Have you tried to unfollow and follow your Discover Weekly playlist back ? It did the trick for me at the time.
It's been a while I don't care too much about this playlist anymore, it got boring with very few novelties and a big gender bias that I try to avoid. But if your problem persists, you should be helped by anyone knowledgeable.
Cheers,
Hadrien

Suggested posts