Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error when trying to submit my podcast to Spotify ( "missing description" )

Solved!

Error when trying to submit my podcast to Spotify ( "missing description" )

Hello,

I recently created a podcast and created an RSS feed using feedburner.com and using Internet Archive as my host (because it's free!). I then successfully submitted my feed to itunes and then wanted to submit it to Spotify. On the Spotify podcast submission site (https://podcasters.spotify.com/submit), I submitted my RSS feed link and received the following message:Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 1.09.05 AM.png

However, there is nothing in on my feedburner page that I need to fill out called "description" (shown below).

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 1.11.29 AM.png

I assume "description" is the same as "Podcast Summary," but I filled that section so it should work. Additionally, my podcast was submitted to itunes without any errors so I am confused why the "missing description" is not allowing me to submit on Spotify.

Any help or suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I use feedburner and I had the same problem. But there is a Title /Description Burner field that I hadn't filled in. Once it was done it got working fine.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

I use feedburner and I had the same problem. But there is a Title /Description Burner field that I hadn't filled in. Once it was done it got working fine.

That worked, thanks!!

Suggested posts