Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Glitch when using the "Search in playlist" feature

Solved!

Glitch when using the "Search in playlist" feature

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Air

Operating System

macOS

My Question or Issue

This is a bug I've been getting for a while now on the desktop/software version of Spotify. Whenever I use the quick find feature to find something in my playlist without having to scroll through 700+ songs, if I choose a song, the shuffle will only play random songs out of the ones that popped up via the search rather than playing random songs from the whole playlist. I know that might've been a little confusing, so for example, if I searched for an Eminem song in the playlist by typing in "Eminem", and choose the song I was looking for, the shuffle now only plays other songs that popped up, making it so that only Eminem songs will play now rather than songs from my whole playlist. Another example, if I search for a specific song like "6 Foot 7 Foot", and click on it, since that's the only song in my playlist with that name, that's the only thing that popped up obviously, but it won't play any other song once that song is over. One last example in case it's still confusing, I have 4 different BeatBox remixes in my playlist, the NLE Choppa, Polo G, Dababy, and Shenseea ones, and if I put in "BeatBox", only those 4 songs pop up but if I choose the one I want to listen to, let's say Polo's in this case, then instead of proceeding to shuffle random songs from my entire playlist, it will only play those 3 songs next in a random order. With this glitch the only way I can actually listen to my playlist on shuffle regularly when selecting a specific song is by clicking on it without searching, in which I would have to scroll through my 700 and counting songs and find it. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @RevoltShaun

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We can confirm that it's expected behavior of the app.

Keep in mind that the Play queue is generated depending on the song/album/playlist you play first, but it will change if you start playing something else.

If you listen to a playlist, but then you filter the songs in it and click play from one of songs you filtered, a new Play queue will start based on those results only.

If you start listening to an album/playlist and want to continue listening to it after playing a specific song you found after filtering, you need to make sure to add that song to the queue so the original Play queue isn't affected.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there @RevoltShaun,

Thank you for your post and feedback here in the Community.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you log in on another device to see if the issue persist?

Keep us posted.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

That didn't work, it's a glitch in Spotify itself not my device. I even logged out then logged back in.

Marked as solution

Hey @RevoltShaun

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We can confirm that it's expected behavior of the app.

Keep in mind that the Play queue is generated depending on the song/album/playlist you play first, but it will change if you start playing something else.

If you listen to a playlist, but then you filter the songs in it and click play from one of songs you filtered, a new Play queue will start based on those results only.

If you start listening to an album/playlist and want to continue listening to it after playing a specific song you found after filtering, you need to make sure to add that song to the queue so the original Play queue isn't affected.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Well it never used to do that before the latest update, it used to just work as a way of finding the song quicker but I guess adding to queue is a solution, I didn't even think about that.

Hi @RevoltShaun

We're glad to hear that it worked. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator

oh yes of course make sure you first: shuffle playlist > search > add to queue > skip > continue listening
much more convenient then: search > continue listening.
at least give us a toggle or something not just a work around. the app should behave like the user prefers.
a magnifying glass that turns green in the bottom right corner, is that so hard to program?

Suggested posts