Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Go Back To Original (Spotify) Location for Downloaded/Offline files, Mac

Solved!

Go Back To Original (Spotify) Location for Downloaded/Offline files, Mac

I'm new and quite ignorant here but -- because I'm a reluctant Spotify user in the first place and I dislike streaming in general, I decided to try some downloading music files and using them offline (On my MacBook).  Then after I had downloaded several albums I thought it would be smart to choose my own "easy to find" location for further downloads, so I changed the download location.  It didn't make anything easier, and I realizes it was a bad idea, and NOW I can't FIND the ORIGINAL download/offline file location, but I'd like to switch back.  But I can't find it -- no searches work and I didn't copy it.  But I don't want to download any more files because my own location does not, I fear, make any sense, either.  Sheesh!  Sorry/thanks!

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

MacBookPro 2015

Operating System

Mojave

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @52funy576uygxco, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

The deafult location to Offline Songs Storage:

/Users/"yourusername"/Library/Application Support/Spotify/PersistentCache/Storage

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @52funy576uygxco, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

The deafult location to Offline Songs Storage:

/Users/"yourusername"/Library/Application Support/Spotify/PersistentCache/Storage

Hope it helps 🙂

Wow, I think this has gotten me really close.  I just want to switch the destination BACK to the one Spotify originally created.  I think I've found the location you've described (I think maybe part of it is "hidden" -- Or I could be wrong -- Anyway I think I've gotten through that.  What I have NOT found is the "storage" folder or destination.  OR anything that looks like (downloaded...) Music files.  All I really want to do, of course, is to create the very same path that Spotify generated in the first place and use it to replace the dumb one I substituted.  What I've got now is:

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨(MyUsername) ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Spotify⁩ ▸ ⁨PersistentCache⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩.  It just doesn't seem to end in "storage" or show me any files that SAY storage OR any files that look like music.  Though I gather the standard mp3 (like I'd see in iTunes, I guess?) is NOT what I'm going to see.  Anywah you've got me very close  THANKS!  (I'm attaching a screengrab which NO ONE should BOTHER to look at but... just in case.  Again THANKS!) 

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 12.07.57 PM.png

Hey @52funy576uygxco,

That's strange why that folder is not there, try to create a new one there or maybe you should try clean reinstall of Spotify if you want.

By the way that's what I'm getting in that same place, the storage folder it's not hidden by the system:

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 19.43.52.png

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts