Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How Do I Restore a Deleted Song to its Original Date it Was Added?

Solved!

How Do I Restore a Deleted Song to its Original Date it Was Added?

Hi there,

So yesterday evening I was going through my playlists to remove some tracks I didn't like and it took me quite some time before realizing that I removed a specific track I liked without intention. At this point, I've removed quite a handful of songs from this one particular playlist where I removed this song (Electric Love by BØRNS) plus several songs from my other playlists. So, without hesitation, I quickly pressed the Control + Z button to restore it, fully expecting it to go back to its original date when it was added. The thing is, I did get it back, but not at its original date it was added--all of the other songs from my other playlists I deleted, though, were restored to their own original dates! As soon as I saw "...a few seconds ago", I felt completely disheartened. Nothing like this has ever happened before, because whenever I press Control + Z to undo, the songs go back to its original date it was added.

Is there anyway Spotify is able to restore "Electric Love by BØRNS" to my playlist to its original date it was added?

Thank you in advance, and take care!

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

When undoing an action through ctrl+z/cmd+z, for example to restore tracks in a playlist, they should retain the date they were originally added.

Unfortunately, if the last track wasn't restored properly, it won't be possible for it to retain the original date that it was added in your playlist.

However, retaining the date a track was initially added on is something other Spotify users have mentioned that they'd like to see as well. In that case, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback in a comment in this idea to show your support and contribute to the discussion on having this feature.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there was anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

When undoing an action through ctrl+z/cmd+z, for example to restore tracks in a playlist, they should retain the date they were originally added.

Unfortunately, if the last track wasn't restored properly, it won't be possible for it to retain the original date that it was added in your playlist.

However, retaining the date a track was initially added on is something other Spotify users have mentioned that they'd like to see as well. In that case, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback in a comment in this idea to show your support and contribute to the discussion on having this feature.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there was anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts