Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do you see which playlist is playing?

Solved!

How do you see which playlist is playing?

Plan

Premium

Device

Macbook Pro 2013

Operating System

IOS

My Question or Issue

How do i see what playlist the song is playing from? 

If i select a playlist to play, say a Daily Mix, and then click on other things that lead me away from that playlist window, how can I quickly get back to that playlist without having to continually press the back arrow button? If i click the song it goes to its album, if i click the artist it goes to the artist page, if i click play queue it just goes to a generic queue list BUT NOT THE ACTUAL PLAYLIST. 

I feel like this is a glaring issue and something that Spotify should have a very intuitive and easy method for. 

Am i missing something obvious? Is Spotify really that dumb?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @kpst and welcome to the Spotify Community!

For Daily Mixes you have mentioned, it is not possible to quickly get back to the list. But for other lists such as the ones you have created or for playlists made by other people which you are following, you can see which one is being played on the left side of the screen like this: 

Spotify.png

You can always post on idea for this in the ideas board and if it gets enough attention it may get implemented. I'd be happy to answer any further questions you may have. Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @kpst and welcome to the Spotify Community!

For Daily Mixes you have mentioned, it is not possible to quickly get back to the list. But for other lists such as the ones you have created or for playlists made by other people which you are following, you can see which one is being played on the left side of the screen like this: 

Spotify.png

You can always post on idea for this in the ideas board and if it gets enough attention it may get implemented. I'd be happy to answer any further questions you may have. Have a nice day 🙂

thanks for the reply @Mantisentil,

though i don't think that solution helps, i don't really have more than a dozen or so playlists i follow at the moment, so if im playing from one of those, it doesn't really matter because i already know what playlist I am playing.

It's more so when im trying to discover other playlists i like and want to follow. in that situation, there really isn't an easy way to get right to them.

Awkwardly enough, Spotify desktop on windows works perfectly. There is the album cover beside the title of the song that's playing, and if you click twice on it it takes you right to the playlist the song is from (perhaps not so intuitive but still, it works)

not sure why this isn't the case for a Mac. ill add the recommendation to the ideas page as you mentioned thanks.

Hey @kpst,

As @Mantisentil mentioned above you'll be able to see which playlist you're playing because it will have the speaker icon next to it. And if you have a suggestions you can always start a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Also, about the album cover it is available on the Mac too, please try to readjust the left panel and the artwork should reappaer.
Tip: A single click over the album cover is enough to get you to the place where the song is being played from

Have a nice day! 🙂

on the tab to the left there is a sound icon next to the playlist playing 🙂

Suggested posts