Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to go to current song without album artwork?

Solved!

How to go to current song without album artwork?

Updated Spotify today, and it seems they've done away with the album artwork of the currently playing song in the bottom left corner...I see a couple other people have posted about that. Personally, I'll miss having that there, but what actually bothers me is that clicking on that artwork was the only way I knew to go to the currently playing song. I can't find another way now...anyone got anything? I use that feature daily listening to new music and making playlists. Now seems you can only click the track in the lower left and it takes you to its album, but not to the song in the playlist it's playing from, so you'd have to search by hand, and in my playlists of 1,000 songs, I don't want to have to be doing that.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Try to reinstall the app.

If the name of the song shows like the artwork was shown before this update as you told me, then just clicking it should also send you to the song that it is playing wherever it is on Spotify.

Hope it helps 🙂

< Moderator edit >

View solution in original post

4 Replies

In case anyone else wants to find the currently playing song, I did figure out a way I didn't know before. You have to be in the playlist you're listening from, then command+F and type in the song listed on the bottom left. Not a great solution, where before you didn't even have to be IN that playlist and simply clicking the album artwork would take you to the current song, wherever it was...really hoping they bring back this feature.

Marked as solution

Hi,

Try to reinstall the app.

If the name of the song shows like the artwork was shown before this update as you told me, then just clicking it should also send you to the song that it is playing wherever it is on Spotify.

Hope it helps 🙂

< Moderator edit >

Try resizing the playlist column on left side. The artwork returned for me.

When I click on artwork it takes me to the song in my playlist. When i click on song name of song that's playing (on bottom), it takes me to album song appears on.

Thank you so much for the resizing tip. It was driving me crazy not being able to find my place on the playlist.

Suggested posts