Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to navigate my collection

Solved!

How to navigate my collection

I just moved my entire collection from Groove to Spotify, on my PC and my Windows phone.  My issue on both is how to easily get to the music I want to play.  For instance, if I'm viewing by artist, I have over 600 to choose from.  The only way I've found to get to, say, Paul Simon, is to scroll all the way down to the P section.  I don't see a way to jump to the Ps, as I could on Groove, or just start typing the name of the artist, like I used to on the Zune software.  What am I missing?  I know there's got to be a way to do it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey dallasxandau!

Don't underestimate the power of Ctrl+F. I'll look into all the ways to do this as I have run into this problem as well. All preliminary searches suggest this feature to search "saved songs" was removed.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey dallasxandau!

Don't underestimate the power of Ctrl+F. I'll look into all the ways to do this as I have run into this problem as well. All preliminary searches suggest this feature to search "saved songs" was removed.

I haven't used ctrl+F, but I know that when I use the search box, it searches all of Spotify, not my collection.  A Google search seems to indicate that this function was broken after an update in 2015.  Some people claim that it came back, but I see no evidence of it.  I'll make sure my version is up to date.  Keep me posted if you come up with something - it seems like such a basic function for any database I can't believe they haven't fixed it yet, if that's the case.

So it turns out ctrl+f is what I was looking for.  In the land of Spotify that means "filter".  I think to the rest of the civilized world it means "find".  Now if I can just find a way to do something similar on the mobile app I'll be set.  Actually, if I could just filter the mobile app to show what's on the device instead of my entire collection, 90% of which is on my hard drive, I would settle for that.

@dallasxanadu,

Glad that the computers "find" function proved useful for you. By on your device do you mean only the songs you have downloaded? If so, just go into the Spotify settings and put your app into "offline mode" which will only display downloaded songs. If you mean locally stored music on your phone, Spotify has yet to incorporate that as a feature.

I will follow up with snapshots, but the find feature does exist on the Android version of the App. Keep in mind i am using guidance from a Samsung S7 as I do not know what your device is.

1. Go to, "Your Library"
  2. Click, "Songs" or "Artists"
  3. Scroll down just a little bit
  4. Do you see where the word "filter" appears? If so, Step 5
  5. Tap where you see "filter", type away and enjoy your search experience!

Did SPOTIFY have any connection with the station RDIO whom went out of business last year.???

I'm actually using the Windows mobile app.  I realize it's an orphan, but I'm trying to limp along for a few more months until I get around to choosing one of the two remaining platforms.  I probably shouldn't have connected all my Groove music to my Spotify account, I might try and undo it.  All 700+ artists are now in my collection, but I only have Spotify downloads on my phone.  I want a way to only see what's on my phone, that "filter" button you mention when scrolling down doesn't seem to be an option for me.  It does show me what's downloaded with the green arrow, but there are huge gaps in between that take lots of scrolling to get through.  And there doesn't seem to be a way to jump to a particular artist either.  Man, I didn't realize how awesome Groove was/is until the last week.

wp_ss_20171012_0001.png

I'm sorry, but I didn't ask how to navigate my collection.(not me.)

I did ask various times: Why does your ads state you can stream millions of 

songs for free. Yet, I'm a premium member and my collection fills after a

couple thousand songs.Is it because I transferred from GROOVE.??

Suggested posts