Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I Can't Make My Starred List Public

Solved!

I Can't Make My Starred List Public

Errrragh!

I have tried to make my starred playlist public, which it allows me to do in my profile, but it WILL NOT SWITCH OVER.  It checks "public" but defaults to "private" everytime I go back into my profile.

Can anyone help?

72 Replies

I can share, but the song number is 0. Same problem?

I am having this problem with EVERY playlist.  None of them show up on my public profile, even if they're marked public.  On my profile, all you can see are my top songs...that's IT.

Today is a bad day for me, but I'm very, very, very upset by this.  I can't share any playlists on Facebook because of this.  

Windows Vista, Spotify app version 0.9.0.133.gd18ed589

@Preble wrote:

I am having this problem with EVERY playlist.  None of them show up on my public profile, even if they're marked public.  On my profile, all you can see are my top songs...that's IT.

Today is a bad day for me, but I'm very, very, very upset by this.  I can't share any playlists on Facebook because of this.  

Windows Vista, Spotify app version 0.9.0.133.gd18ed589

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What is your Spotify username? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am also having the same problem whereby playlists I create are defaulting to private ('secret') instead of public and they will not share to Facebook. It just appears as white space in a post that appears on my timeline...apart from any message I type in. No sign of the playlist.

It used to work up until about a month ago. I have no idea what happened. Probably a Spotify upgrade or something ? I certainly didn't change any settings myself.

I have gone to Edit-Preferences and everything is correct there under Privacy, Profile & Social Network, and I have checked my Facebook account and privacy settings for the Spotify app and everything is correct there as well. All set to share with Facebook. I have manually changed the playlist settings from private ('secret') to public on both my desktop Spotify and the Spotify Web Player via Facebook, but even after doing that they still won't share to Facebook.

Yes, I clicked refresh on my browser. No link to the playlist. Just white space (and message).

I have tried re-installing Spotify but it makes no difference.

I can only guess that there must be some sort of conflict/bug because I use a different username & password for my direct Spotify login to that which I use to login via Facebook ? ...but then that's never caused a problem before.

This is driving me nuts. It's so frustrating to see all my friends sharing their playlists on Facebook and I can't.

Please help !!!

I am using Spotify Unlimited (paying £4.99 a month).

Windows 7

Spotify Version 0.9.0.133.gd18ed589

Hey 🙂 

There are currently some reported issues with Facebook sharing, they have been reported internally with Spotify so they are being investigated. Would you be able to post link(s) to the playlist(s) you are having issues with (Right click > Copy HTTP link)?

Peter

Peter

Peter...

Yes, here's the main one that's bugging me at the moment...Rare 70's Soul

@Fusionspotter wrote:

Peter...

Yes, here's the main one that's bugging me at the moment...Rare 70's Soul

Almost like magic, does sharing it now work? 

Peter

Peter

Yes. Working now.

How come ? 🙂

Marked as solution

A little trick I learned a while back (just wanted to see if it still works!), you can force Facebook to reload the playlist data from Spotify, which generally cures these sort of issues by following the steps I outlined here. 😉 

Peter

Peter

OK that's excellent. Thanks very much for your help.

Let's hope Spotify sort that bug out quick. 🙂

Hello Spotify Community!

For starters (seeing as this is my very first post on the community boards) I want to personally say that I am an avid support of spotify. I reccommend it to anyone wondering what to do now that torrenting is under heavy surveillance. And although my ipod is not internet capable (and therefore does not support spotify uploading) I still have a premium account for the sheer amount of music I listen to. It is worth every penny (though your library is lacking some music that i would looovvveee to see in the future).

Now for the matter at hand.

I am also having the same issue with the starred playlist, whenever i set it to public it remains private no matter what i try. Some people have posted ideas on what the issue might be and ive tried a good number of them. I was wondering if a staffer might be able to give me an idea of whats going on/ help me fix it? Your help would be much appreciated!!

LionsMang

that's exactly how mine goes. there are so many problems i'm having with spotify and they all seem like they would be so easy to fix! DO SOMETHING SPOTIFY. ANYTHING. JUST UPDATE THE MOBILE APP ONCE!!! SOMETHING!!!!!

Hi. There's been abug for a while now and I don't think its been fixed yet but the first time you make your starred list public, it is made public even though spotify denies it when restarted. Post your spotify username and I can check if it is public or not.

I have this problem too and it's so annoying!!! I want my starred list to be public! help!

Does this work for you......

Select one of your playlists then click on the "by you" link in the main panel.

Your playlists should be shown with the starred as the first one - under the starred image there's a grey padlock and "secret". Hover over this and select public.

Thank you for the quick reply 🙂 Yes, that's exactly what I keep doing, but still from time to time it changes automatically back to "Secret". It's ok I guess, I'll just have to keep changing it to public every now and then.

I'm having the same problem. 

*** BUMP ***

Same issue here for a LONG time now..

I really to have my favorites public.....

I continue to bump this topic in the super user area too, its a minor but annoying issue! 

Peter

Peter

Hi!

I'm experiencing similar issues but worse.

I have around 30 playlist that are all public, but my friends can't see any of them.

I played around with public/secret but nothing helps.

Its frustrating since spotify is also about sharing.

Thanks for escalting!

Suggested posts