Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I Can't Make My Starred List Public

Solved!

I Can't Make My Starred List Public

Errrragh!

I have tried to make my starred playlist public, which it allows me to do in my profile, but it WILL NOT SWITCH OVER.  It checks "public" but defaults to "private" everytime I go back into my profile.

Can anyone help?

72 Replies

@RonnySchueritz - Can you post a link to your profile (right click on your name on your profile in the client, select "Copy Spotify URI" and paste here)?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@RonnySchueritz wrote:

Hi!

I'm experiencing similar issues but worse.

I have around 30 playlist that are all public, but my friends can't see any of them.

I played around with public/secret but nothing helps.

Its frustrating since spotify is also about sharing.

Thanks for escalting!

Hello, RonnySchueritz! What happens when you go the web player and try to make a playlist public?

I have been having this same issue for some time now.  Can you help me too please??

As the previous post says, set public/private from the web player.

yes, i've been doing that the whole time... it doesn't work. 

Could you post a link to your profile and I'll take a look for you. Which playlist are you trying to change the status of and to what?

Just want to follow-up with this guys. Are any of you still having this issue on the latest desktop app

Please post here if so and we'll make sure it's passed along. 

yes. in fact it has gotten worse. now along with it being marked secret, my followers of my starred playlist are missing.

Can confirm this is still an issue with me on 0.9.6.72 with Collection.

Peter

Thanks for confirming that for us. We'll post again when we have more details. We understand you want to be able to edit the settings of your playlists easily and without any worry.

@Peter wrote:

Can confirm this is still an issue with me on 0.9.6.72 with Collection.

@joanned wrote:

yes. in fact it has gotten worse. now along with it being marked secret, my followers of my starred playlist are missing.

Hi Joanned - Could you please confirm which version you're using? How many followers did you previously have on your Starred playlist? 

I'm sorry to have posted and run in this thread.  I see a community mod asked for my username...so here it is:

To repeat the problem, I cannot get my playlists to display on my public profile.  Right now I am looking at http://open.spotify.com/user/1218100472 in another browser and it only shows my top 5 tracks (or 20 if I click "See all 20 tracks").  I cannot make my Starred playlist public, or any other playlist.  I cannot share playlists on Facebook.  I can't let anyone else see my playlists.  I have never been able to do this, and it seems like such a simple thing.

Hopefully y'all can fix this.  It's really annoying.

version 0.9.6.72.ge389c074

1 follower

yeah, im popular

Got the same problem with the starred list.

After shutting Spotify down it goes back from public to secret.

Really annoying

Using the 0.9.7.16.g4b197456 verson.

This is unfortunately a known bug.

Peter

My starred playlist won't go public either.  Any solution?  My username is libbyschle.  Thank you!

@lschle - There is a work around on the bugs topic:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Desktop-Starred-Playlist-Privacy-Broken/td-p/642858

Peter

This has been a problem for so f*&^king long. Why hasn't this been fixed? It's really, really irritating and really, really stupid. Starred list won't stay public, Spotify constantly asks for updates even when you JUST updated, sometimes it takes a really long time to load, and sometimes is just freezes. It's the buggiest software I've ever used. And every update that fixes one thing breaks something else. How useless are you Spotify developers? It's really not okay when people are paying $10/month for this service or some variation of that. And way to screw over musicians while you're at it too. Screw Spotify. Don't ask what version I'm using because it doesn't matter, there are always so many problems.

The starred playlist is pretty much being replaced soon with the new Collections/Your Music feature, so I do wonder if this will ever be fixed sadly.

Peter

i cant make my songs in a playlist public cause i dont know how to i added all my songs to a list but its still not public i use spotify through face book and the list i am trying to make public is a brony playlist 217 songs i uploaded out of 245 i didnt make these songs but i would still like them to be public so people can follow and enjoy brony music and its still growing anyway i can make songs public thank you

Suggested posts