Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Import from iTunes

Import from iTunes

Hello All,

I am aware there are guides detailing how to add my local music to Spotify however, it does not work for me.

I have managed to add iTunes as a local source and when viewing my local files in Spotify I can see them all however, I cannot add them to my Spotify library to access from other devices.

My understanding was that I could simply drag the local songs into my Spotify songs library and then Spotify would add their own version of the song to my library?

Could be missing something but this really doesnt work for me.

I would not mind adding everything manually however, my library is over 100gb of music so a simple solution would be great.

I refuse to believe that this isnt an issue anyone who wishes to migrate from mp3 to Spotify experiences. I do not want to leave my old collection behind but similarly, if I am paying for a service it would be nice to have all my music in one platform?

Please show me the error of my ways!

Thanks

3 Replies

Any takers?

Hello,

First of all it's important that you're music is stored locally.

Then what you have to do is this:

1. Open Spotify

2. click on Spotify in your computer's menu bar

3. choose Preferences

4. Click "Add source" under "Local files"

5. Select the map you have your songs stored in

Your songs should now be under "Local Files" in the sidebar.

Now here's how to sync them to another device (Assuming you've made a playlist and added your local songs to it):

1. Make sure you're connected to the same Wi-Fi on both devices.

2. Open the app on your phone

3. Go to the playlist you created for your local files

4. They will be grey in the playlist, click "download" on your phone (the desktop app must be open too)

5. It will download, you're good to go (make sure not to lock your phone during the process)

Let me know if this worked!

If this solved your issue don't forget to mark this as "solved".

It's not possible anymore. I also entered it so please also like my idea, they are really ignoring it without any reason. We need a lot of likes for them to realize or change to Apple music

Suggested posts