Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Friends Activity

The activity feed says my friends listened to songs 5-7 days ago even though they were listening to music today. This problem has been going on for the last week or so. Uninstalling and installing the app again did not help.

• The activity feed says my friends listened to songs 5-7 days ago even though they were listening to music today. This problem has been going on for the last week or so. Uninstalling and installing th...
  • Savuz
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Broken proxy settings, No internet connection detected / Error code: 4 / Offline

Spotify was telling me I was offline, I tried lots of stuff, eventually cleared cache and reinstalled. Now I can't even log in via Facebook.I think it's related to Spotify's utterly broken support for proxies. Proxy autodetect has never worked on Mac...

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 14.27.23.png
  • Gig Goer
  • Spotify was telling me I was offline, I tried lots of stuff, eventually cleared cache and reinstalled. Now I can't even log in via Facebook. I think it's related to Spotify's utterly broken sup...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Can't save new songs and library vanished

I Can't save new songs and Every time i go to save a song it just doesn't, whenever i try to load my library it gives an error try again message before saying its empty, im absolutely sure im on the right account as i only have 1 and i only use it on...

• Casual Listener
  • I Can't save new songs and Every time i go to save a song it just doesn't, whenever i try to load my library it gives an error try again message before saying its empty, im absolutely sure im on the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

People in "Friend activity" showing up as numbers

Why are some people suddenly showing up in the Friend activity bar listed as numbers instead of their name? It's not all of them, just a few... I don't think they're random people following me (I recognize the photo for one of them).

• Gig Goer
  • Why are some people suddenly showing up in the Friend activity bar listed as numbers instead of their name? It's not all of them, just a few... I don't think they're random people following me (I rec...
  • kthrynileen
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium works on my phone but on my laptop it's still telling me to upgrade

I have spotify premium on my phone and it works great but whenever I listen to it on my Mac it keeps telling me to upgrade and i have to listen to all the advertisements... how do I fix this to have premium on both without paying extra?

• I have spotify premium on my phone and it works great but whenever I listen to it on my Mac it keeps telling me to upgrade and i have to listen to all the advertisements... how do I fix this to have ...
  • JackBeau
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play button widget causing Firefox to never finish loading page (mac)

Apologies if this is in the wrong place- I can't seem to find a topic on spotify widgets. The play button widget on firefox (mac) is causing the page to never finish loading. You can see this by visiting - https://beta.developer.spotify.com/documenta...

• Apologies if this is in the wrong place- I can't seem to find a topic on spotify widgets.   The play button widget on firefox (mac) is causing the page to never finish loading.   You ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Black Screen on Mac

Hi- i started having this problem this morning where I could open spotify, but it just showed a black blank screen. I was still able to play music by controlling it on my touchbar, but tried to uninstall it and reinstall. Now I cannot play music or a...

• Hi- i started having this problem this morning where I could open spotify, but it just showed a black blank screen. I was still able to play music by controlling it on my touchbar, but tried to unins...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Mac Playlist Bug

I have discovered a bug when adding songs to a playlist on my Mac. I have found this issue to be the same on both a 2015 Retina Macbook Pro and a 2017 Macbook Pro with High Sierra OS. When dragging a song to add it to a playlist, only some playlists ...

• Visitor
  • I have discovered a bug when adding songs to a playlist on my Mac. I have found this issue to be the same on both a 2015 Retina Macbook Pro and a 2017 Macbook Pro with High Sierra OS.   When d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

my friends can't view my activity

I already checked yes about publishing my activity, I don't know the problem

• Casual Listener
  • I already checked yes about publishing my activity, I don't know the problem
  • JackBeau
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Friends Feed Not Working

I've seen people post about this but there's been no progress. As of a few weeks ago, my friends feed on desktop has stopped updating. I no longer see new songs that my friends are listening to and the songs I listen to do not appear on anyone else's...

• I've seen people post about this but there's been no progress. As of a few weeks ago, my friends feed on desktop has stopped updating. I no longer see new songs that my friends are listening to and t...
  • diedevdvelden
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Can I ditch iTunes and just use Spotify?

Has anyone completely ditched iTunes for Spotify? I have used iTunes for years, but the bugginess of the app is really tiresome. Has anyone found Spotify to be a full-fledged alternative to iTunes, and found they can have all the same options with Sp...

• Roadie
  • Has anyone completely ditched iTunes for Spotify? I have used iTunes for years, but the bugginess of the app is really tiresome. Has anyone found Spotify to be a full-fledged alternative to iTunes, a...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • itunes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

ORDINE LIBRERIA

Salve, come mai, nonostante ho l'ordine alfabetico della libreria, alcune canzoni come "The Scientist" invece di trovarsi nella lettera " T " si trovano nella lettera " S "?Questo avviene con tutte le canzoni che presentano un "articolo" come inizio....

• Visitor
  • Salve, come mai, nonostante ho l'ordine alfabetico della libreria, alcune canzoni come "The Scientist" invece di trovarsi nella lettera " T " si trovano nella lettera " S "? Questo avviene con tutte...
  • marcozack
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix not syncing between platforms!

I love the Daily Mix. Spotify has hit a niche here. However, my daily mixes on my iphone and my desktop do not line up. The daily mix on my desktop is completely different than that on my phone. Can these not sync to use what is liked and disliked fr...

• I love the Daily Mix. Spotify has hit a niche here.   However, my daily mixes on my iphone and my desktop do not line up. The daily mix on my desktop is completely different than that on my ph...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Deleted Song

https://themusic.today/release/acid-21-up-all-night-single/9077072/ . I found this song here in Spotify but it cant play it cause it is deleted , i like the song and if someone can send me the full song i will be happy

• Casual Listener
  • https://themusic.today/release/acid-21-up-all-night-single/9077072/ . I found this song here in Spotify but it cant play it cause it is deleted , i like the song and if someone can send me the f...
  • Veselin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends activity not showing up

Hi there. Since about a week ago, my friends activity is not showing up. I only follow one person but his activity is stuck on 7 days ago, even though I know he's been listening to music since. His playlists are updating, but not what he's listening ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there. Since about a week ago, my friends activity is not showing up. I only follow one person but his activity is stuck on 7 days ago, even though I know he's been listening to music since. His p...
  • saashamane
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify connect randomly restart current song

HI, 99% of the time i listen to spotify playlists randomly and without a real pattern, spotify restart songs Very frustrating, so i really hope for inputs Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • HI,   99% of the time i listen to spotify playlists   randomly and without a real pattern, spotify restart songs   Very frustrating, so i really hope for inputs   Thanks
  • Casper1885
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Mac client not synchronising

Brief description of the issue:The following are sequential and each one is a precondition to the previous:I am using Spotify at work on a Linux PC and I'm adding from time to time some songs to my library. When I get home and I log into my Macbook, ...

• Visitor
  • Brief description of the issue: The following are sequential and each one is a precondition to the previous: I am using Spotify at work on a Linux PC and I'm adding from time to time some songs to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Linux
    Mac
    synchronisation
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop App - Search Box text limit exceed

Steps to reproduce:- I tried to paste a lot sentences in the search bar of Spotify - Mac App and I got texts displayed in the web app playlist or results screen.- Please find attched screenshot.

• Steps to reproduce: - I tried to paste a lot sentences in the search bar of Spotify - Mac App and I got texts displayed in the web app playlist or results screen. - Please find attched screens...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac Desktop App
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Black and white flashing lines appear covering Spotify window

Hi, Relatively new to Spotify, using free version. However, I am getting black and white flashing lines across the entire Spotify window, which blocks everything out, so can't click on any buttons. It's like a strobing effect and I have to switch off...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  Relatively new to Spotify, using free version. However, I am getting black and white flashing lines across the entire Spotify window, which blocks everything out, so can't click on any but...
  • HG777
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files on NAS

Hi all I keep most of my music on my NAS. I've added the folder to Spority and it works great, just until restart. After every restart I get the message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". Sometimes ...

• Hi all   I keep most of my music on my NAS. I've added the folder to Spority and it works great, just until restart. After every restart I get the message "This song is not available. If ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes