Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Local files on NAS

Hi all I keep most of my music on my NAS. I've added the folder to Spority and it works great, just until restart. After every restart I get the message "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it". Sometimes ...

• Hi all   I keep most of my music on my NAS. I've added the folder to Spority and it works great, just until restart. After every restart I get the message "This song is not available. If ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Collaborative Playlists

Im very confused on how to change the images on my collaborative playlists. The playlist i have created offer an edit image pencil when I hoover my mouse over the cover, but my collaborative playlist dont allow me to. Im a premium member, Please help...

• Im very confused on how to change the images on my collaborative playlists. The playlist i have created offer an edit image pencil when I hoover my mouse over the cover, but my collaborative playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can play song on iPhone but not on Mac App

Hi everyone, Just been having a problem of not being able to play some songs on the Mac app, but it being okay on the iPhone app. When I try to change from playing on my phone to my laptop, it gives me the "This song is not available. If you have the...

• Hi everyone,   Just been having a problem of not being able to play some songs on the Mac app, but it being okay on the iPhone app.   When I try to change from playing on my p...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

20,000 songs in local files. Most won't play

I have just over 20,000 songs in my local files and most of them won't play on my desktop. I can't find any way to clear or delete the local files. I have already searched other related threads and tried all the fixes I can find. I have reinstalled S...

• Casual Listener
  • I have just over 20,000 songs in my local files and most of them won't play on my desktop.  I can't find any way to clear or delete the local files.  I have already searched other related t...
  • korryhildebrand
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution With the #MeToo movement, I think you need to reconsider the option to "ban" artists from my Spotify

Everytime I hear about an artist being accused by multiple people of sexual misconduct I have to go through all of my playlists, sorting, make sure I don't have their songs anywhere as I want nothing to do with people who do this type of thing. I und...

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime I hear about an artist being accused by multiple people of sexual misconduct I have to go through all of my playlists, sorting, make sure I don't have their songs anywhere as I want nothing...
  • mjans
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Sick of Spotify removing features?

Is anyone else tired of Spotify progressively making the app worse and repeatedly ignoring feature requests or removing useful functionality? I am utterly sick of the way Spotify handles updates and restricts the way we can access our music.- They ha...

• Music Fan
  • Is anyone else tired of Spotify progressively making the app worse and repeatedly ignoring feature requests or removing useful functionality?   I am utterly sick of the way Spotify handles upd...
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 15 likes

No videos - is it the country I'm in?

Hi,The help guide says that to play videos, I need to:Scroll down in the main screen. Click Video Series.Browse our full range of videos. Click any for more information.I don't have that and I can't find any info why. Thanks for help.

• Hi, The help guide says that to play videos, I need to: Scroll down in the main screen. Click Video Series. Browse our full range of videos. Click any for more information. I don't have th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist in alphabetical, date created, inverse order, etc.

I can't order my playlists on the spotify premium mac desktop app.WHY are there no plans to implement these very simple ideas? Spotify users have asked for them time and time again.This community request/problem was never solved. And the thread where...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't order my playlists on the spotify premium mac desktop app. WHY are there no plans to implement these very simple ideas? Spotify users have asked for them time and time again. This community...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Library are not showing songs

All the songs that I've saved are not showing up in my library, rather it displays a message asking me to browse to add more songs when I got about 900 songs in my library. I've tried installing and reinstalling Spotify on my Macbook Pro but it still...

• Casual Listener
  • All the songs that I've saved are not showing up in my library, rather it displays a message asking me to browse to add more songs when I got about 900 songs in my library. I've tried installing and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Touchbar DOESN'T WORK anymore with Spotify (just F1 F2 ...)

Beim MACBOOK werden in SPOTIFY auf der TOUCHBAR nur noch die Funktionstasten angezeigt, wie kann das wieder auf die alte Appbelegung umgestellt werden???

• Casual Listener
  • Beim MACBOOK werden in SPOTIFY auf der TOUCHBAR nur noch die Funktionstasten angezeigt, wie kann das wieder auf die alte Appbelegung umgestellt werden???
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

recently played not showing up

My recently played section isn't showing up. If I click on it, it'll say "Nothing here yet, music will appear as you listen," but I'm listening to stuff currently and nothing is popping up. I've had this problem for almost a week.I've tried quitting ...

• Casual Listener
  • My recently played section isn't showing up. If I click on it, it'll say "Nothing here yet, music will appear as you listen," but I'm listening to stuff currently and nothing is popping up. I've...
  • JLetz
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

10,000 song limit

This is more just a plea to the people at spotify: Why have you put a limit on how many songs we can have in our own music? It just makes no sense!! I've filled up my 10,000 song limit allowance already and now want to save more music but can't. The ...

• This is more just a plea to the people at spotify:   Why have you put a limit on how many songs we can have in our own music? It just makes no sense!! I've filled up my 10,000 song limit all...
  • mogulvogel
  • 254 replies
  • 364 likes
  • Mac
  • 254 replies
  • 364 likes

Spotify stops playing after songs with big duration

After the upgrade to MacOSX 10.13.4 I am facing the following issue with the spotify client. When I am in a playlist or an album that has a song with a large duration (usually over 10 minutes) after playing the full song the player stops and doesn't ...

• Visitor
  • After the upgrade to MacOSX 10.13.4 I am facing the following issue with the spotify client. When I am in a playlist or an album that has a song with a large duration (usually over 10 minutes) after ...
  • FireHydrant
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! help ?

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 5.39.24 PM.png
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Save Playlists to Library

Many people have asked about how they could save all their songs from a playlist. But, their methods were from years ago, and now it seems that they don't work. So, I'll ask again: how do I save all the songs from a playlist to my Library? Thank you

• Visitor
  • Many people have asked about how they could save all their songs from a playlist. But, their methods were from years ago, and now it seems that they don't work. So, I'll ask again: how do I save all ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My Library

All my songs from my library is missing and I had over probably 600 songs! I want my music back and it took me more than 5 weeks to put my all of songs together!

• All my songs from my library is missing and I had over probably 600 songs! I want my music back and it took me more than 5 weeks to put my all of songs together! 
  • JackBeau
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play/Pause, forward and back button not working (f7, f8, and f9)

My keyboard keys for play/pause, skip forward, and skip back are no longer working with spotify. I have looked online for solutions, but none seem to work. It works for iTunes. What should I do?

• My keyboard keys for play/pause, skip forward, and skip back are no longer working with spotify. I have looked online for solutions, but none seem to work. It works for iTunes. What should I do?
  • JackBeau
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Right sidebar activity feed not showing

Hello, Since a few months ago I can't see my friends activity feed, the right bar is simply not showing. I double checked all my settings and it should be showing. Any ideas on how to fix it?My Spotify version is 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e, and I'm using a...

• Hello,   Since a few months ago I can't see my friends activity feed, the right bar is simply not showing. I double checked all my settings and it should be showing. Any ideas on how to fix it...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Can't scroll

Hi all: I have tried using the arrow buttons on my Macbook Pro and the trackpad to scroll down playlists, settings, you name it in the Spotify window and none of these work. I also don't see any scrolling bars in the Spotify window. Can someone help ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all:   I have tried using the arrow buttons on my Macbook Pro and the trackpad to scroll down playlists, settings, you name it in the Spotify window and none of these work.   I also ...
  • yakonorekordz
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes