Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Search bar not working?

So basically I've had this issue for quite a while, I've tried everything. Logging in and out, uninstalling then reinstalling but nothing seems to work. I've read about other members in the spotify community having similar issues and followed the sol...

• Regular
  • So basically I've had this issue for quite a while, I've tried everything. Logging in and out, uninstalling then reinstalling but nothing seems to work. I've read about other members in the spotify c...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Playlist went out of order

I spent a few months creating an enormous playlist, getting it in a very specific order... then I accidentally hit 'title', the playlist was reordered into an alphabetical order and I cannot figure out how to get back to my created order. Help! Anyon...

• Casual Listener
  • I spent a few months creating an enormous playlist, getting it in a very specific order... then I accidentally hit 'title', the playlist was reordered into an alphabetical order and I cannot figure o...
  • provostom
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Rock Hard Playlist Same Songs for Months!

Hey all- The Rock Hard Playlist says that it was updated 19 hours ago, but the same list of songs is still on there (for about 2 months now). Not sure what is going on but I need help! Here is the playlist link spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1...

• Hey all- The Rock Hard Playlist says that it was updated 19 hours ago, but the same list of songs is still on there (for about 2 months now).  Not sure what is going on but I need help!   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Dieser Song ist nicht verfügbar! Wenn sich die Datei auf Deinem Computer befindet, kannst Du sie im

Brief description of the issue: EVERY Song gives the errormessage: "Dieser Song ist nicht verfügbar! Wenn sich die Datei auf Deinem Computer befindet, kannst Du sie importieren!" - see screenshotSteps to reproduce the issue: Start Spotify Click on an...

Clipboard01.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: EVERY Song gives the errormessage: "Dieser Song ist nicht verfügbar! Wenn sich die Datei auf Deinem Computer befindet, kannst Du sie importieren!" - see screenshot ...
  • annathe
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes

how can I turn off smooth scrolling?

How do I launch Spotify app with "--disable-smooth-scroll"?I can not use the app because the scrolling is too slow.I want to turn off the above functions, but I do not know what to do on the Mac.Please help me.

• Regular
  • How do I launch Spotify app with "--disable-smooth-scroll"? I can not use the app because the scrolling is too slow. I want to turn off the above functions, but I do not know what to do on the...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Scroll

After updating the spotify application on my mac lacptop, I have been unable to scroll through my music. I have tried logging out and re downloading the app, but it still is not working.

• Casual Listener
  • After updating the spotify application on my mac lacptop, I have been unable to scroll through my music. I have tried logging out and re downloading the app, but it still is not working. 
  • sara_dean_
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot disable "Automatically make new playlists public" and "Show my current Top Artists"

Steps to reproduce: Go to Settings with Cmd+,Disable "Automatically make new playlists public" and "Show my current Top Artists".Quit Spotify then restart.Go back to settins with Cmd+,Expected: "Automatically make new playlists public" and "Show my c...

• Steps to reproduce:   Go to Settings with Cmd+, Disable "Automatically make new playlists public" and "Show my current Top Artists". Quit Spotify then restart. Go back to settins with C...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bug
    settings
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Touch Bar Icon Gone After High Sierra Update

Pretty much the title. Icon gone, no touch-bar controls for it. The apple default skip/pause controls are there, but 9/10 times when pressing them it does nothing. Pretty annoying. Google searches revealed a handful of Spotify Community articles, but...

• Pretty much the title. Icon gone, no touch-bar controls for it. The apple default skip/pause controls are there, but 9/10 times when pressing them it does nothing. Pretty annoying.   Google se...
  • simpleb13
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

"Spotify is being used somewhere else" but I'm only using it here. Standard troubleshoot unhelpful.

I've updated my password today and logged out of all accounts, then logged back into Mac desktop client. Still getting the "Spotify paused bc your account is being used somewhere else" banner. What is going on??

• I've updated my password today and logged out of all accounts, then logged back into Mac desktop client. Still getting the "Spotify paused bc your account is being used somewhere else" banner. &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search Function Not Working

Search function isn't working. Typing anything returns the result "no results found". Typing in the name of a major band says there's no result, and they show in my recently searched.... Reinstalling it did nothing, logging out and logging in did not...

• Casual Listener
  • Search function isn't working. Typing anything returns the result "no results found". Typing in the name of a major band says there's no result, and they show in my recently searched.... Reinstalling...
  • guctum
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Search bar doesn't work

Hi, as I said in the subject my search bar doesn't work, when i type something the menu with suggestions doesn't appear and if I press enter spotify doesn't search. Does anybody know a solution? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, as I said in the subject my search bar doesn't work, when i type something the menu with suggestions doesn't appear and if I press enter spotify doesn't search. Does anybody know a solution? Than...
  • Swankestrel
  • 22 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! [MAC] Spotify not controllable with Apple Remote

Hey, I'm using a MacBook Pro with infrared Apple Remote Control. I discovered, that the Spotify app does not react to this remote! Next/Previous and Play/Pause-button aren't working with Spotify, that's a huge disadvantage! I would request to build i...

• Roadie
  • Hey, I'm using a MacBook Pro with infrared Apple Remote Control. I discovered, that the Spotify app does not react to this remote! Next/Previous and Play/Pause-button aren't working with Spotif...
  • gilesnp
  • Regular
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes

Suggest An Edit feature - add option for other corrections

I recently ran across two songs that were listed in an artist's studio album but were actually songs from their live album. So, the songs are linked incorrectly. Clicking on the "Suggest An Edit" does not give a user the option to point out this erro...

• Music Fan
  • I recently ran across two songs that were listed in an artist's studio album but were actually songs from their live album. So, the songs are linked incorrectly. Clicking on the "Suggest An Edit" doe...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify doesn't recognize Chromecast on Mac laptop (fine otherwise).

Just as the subject heading says, when using my Macbook Pro (13", 2017) the Spotify app does not see any of my the Chromecast devices I have set up in my home. Yet Spotify + Chromecast works just fine on my desktop Mac, and on my iPhone. Also, I can ...

• Casual Listener
  • Just as the subject heading says, when using my Macbook Pro (13", 2017) the Spotify app does not see any of my the Chromecast devices I have set up in my home. Yet Spotify + Chromecast works jus...
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes

Weekly Playlists are different between desktop (mac) and mobile

My previous question was left unanswered for a few weeks, and counting, so I'll repost with what has changed. My original problem was that my weekly playlists were visible from the android app and not the desktop and web clients. Last week the deskto...

• Visitor
  • My previous question was left unanswered for a few weeks, and counting, so I'll repost with what has changed.   My original problem was that my weekly playlists were visible from the android a...
  • maximenemy
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Daily Mix not working

I am a 1 month user of spotify premium, but had account for some years. All fine. But on my desktop app the daily mix says you appear to be offline. But I'm online. On my iphone and ipad it says Daily Mix coming soon. I've restared both apps, deleted...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a 1 month user of spotify premium, but had account for some years.  All fine.  But on my desktop app the daily mix says you appear to be offline.  But I'm online.   On my i...
  • lozjos
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't repeat single track when streaming with Spotify Connect to Bose SoundTouch

When I am using spotify with my iPhone or Mac, I can either reapeat the whole playlist or the one track (a small "1" shows up), which is currently playing. BUT....As soon as i activate the Streaming option (Spotify Connect to a Bose SoundTouch System...

• When I am using spotify with my iPhone or Mac, I can either reapeat the whole playlist or the one track (a small "1" shows up), which is currently playing.    BUT.... As soon as i activa...
  • alivogia
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Song removals on Spotify

I am getting really sick of songs on my playlists disappearing. I know this is probably happening because of licensing issues with song or recording copyright holders and is not Spotify's direct fault per se. But it is very frustrating and, if more e...

• Casual Listener
  • I am getting really sick of songs on my playlists disappearing.  I know this is probably happening because of licensing issues with song or recording copyright holders and is not Spotify's direc...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly Hasn't Updated Since 2015, Nothing Syncs

I've been a spotify member since 2015, and when I recently (this month) signed up for premium, I expected a little more, like updated Discover playlists and syncing between phone and desktop apps (recently played, playlists, etc.) I have tried going ...

• I've been a spotify member since 2015, and when I recently (this month) signed up for premium, I expected a little more, like updated Discover playlists and syncing between phone and desktop apps (re...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes