Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keyboard shortcuts - search and select song

Keyboard shortcuts - search and select song

I'm using Spotify for MacOS. I am able to use `CMD + L` to search for songs, but once I search for them, I'm not able to use keyboard shortcuts to select a song to play a song. 

Actually, I am able to, however I figured this out by dumb luck. If you `CMD + L` to search for a song and then hit tab 4 times to select the song title, then hit enter to view the song in the album, and then hit enter again to play the song. I don't know of a way to select anything besides the top result. It'd be great if there was an easier way to see what is selected when hitting tab OR to have a shortcut to play the top song without using your mouse. 

3 Replies

Hi @link_108 

When you search for songs/albums/podcast, the top results will be the results that are generated. But for the shortcuts, those are the only ways that i can come up with as well. You could try submitting a request to create more shortcuts in the ideas tab. 

Stay Healthy!

Keanu_C

Hi @Keanu_C,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Apologies for the delayed reply, we just came across this thread.

Have you tried using the arrow keys to navigate one you're in the song list? Let us know if that works for you.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Alex,

I was the original reporter of the issue. I was able to continue to hit tab to select the all songs list and navigate from there, same with albums, etc. The keyboard only workflow could be improved with some more shortcuts to navigate the search results options. Thank you for your response!

Suggested posts