Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Latest release stops all playback after 2 seconds.

Solved!

Latest release stops all playback after 2 seconds.

I was having a different issue unreleated to this which said reinstalling would fix it. I am now unable to play any song longer than 2 seconds. Whatever is the issue its in your latest build / update. My previous issue is that whenever spotify reaches a song that was removed from spotify for whatever reason i will get the blue bar of death, but spotify then decides to give up on life and stops playing anything. I need to spam the next song media key on my keyboard to go to the next song. Why cant spotify just skip to the next song? Why does it have to just stop all playback. This is a dealbreaker for me honestly, its so annoying and such a simple thing to avoid. Any idea on a fix ETA? Im going to try rolling back versions for now, the 2 second issue is obviously a typo somewhere in the new release 😉 but the skipping of unplayable songs. That needs to be fixed, come on.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @m0nk37 I reached out to @Loxer and wee might have a solution.

Can you make sure your macOS is up to the latest version which is 10.14.5.

If you are on the latest version of macOS can you try this Spotify Answer guide and let me know if that helps. 

Happy Listening,

Jack 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Update: Old version (1.0.96.181) does not have the 2 second playback failure. Confirming update issue and not network related. Just FYI. Skipping unplayable songs still an issue.

Hey m0nk37 thanks for reaching out to the community,

Do you have the same issues on the web player or on a different device like a phone?

Let me know,
Jack 🙂

No i do not, Mac version only. I opened it up on my laptop running Ubuntu and the unplayable songs arent even in the list. The songs play for more than 2 seconds.

On my mac, the songs are there but greyed out. If i delete the cache and reinstall, the song info vanishes and all that is left is a black bar in the playlist - again unplayable and breaks the playlist.

Edit: By black bar i mean, its a song track row with the play button and option icon button, but its all blank. No song name, no artist name, nothing.

I should add that i do not have the display option to show removed songs on. It is off.

Marked as solution

Hey @m0nk37 I reached out to @Loxer and wee might have a solution.

Can you make sure your macOS is up to the latest version which is 10.14.5.

If you are on the latest version of macOS can you try this Spotify Answer guide and let me know if that helps. 

Happy Listening,

Jack 🙂

My video card doesnt have the requirement to upgrade to the latest of MacOS but im on High Sierra 10.13.6 which shouldnt matter.

Anyways Thank you Jack. That actually fixed the issue of unplayable songs showing up! :), i also reinstalled the latest version to verify if it fixed the 2 second playback issue and it has. 

This is now resolved. Thank you very much for your help 😄

So glad to hear!

In the process of exiting nano mode, It is not command O holding down. I did it this way: press control+x and then Y and then enter. 

Suggested posts