Listeners in Discovered On disappeared?

Solved!
Highlighted

Listeners in Discovered On disappeared?

Composer

I use a Spotify client on macOS Catalina (10.15.2). I recently updated the client to version 1.1.25.559.g85cf5e4c and when I look at the About tab of any artist, there are no data about listeners in the Discovered On section. It works fine in 

1.1.24.91.g4ca6d5eb which I still have on my MacBook.

The screenshots are from my own artist profile: https://sptfy.com/fencer

This is 1.1.24:

Screenshot 2020-01-29 08.39.28.png

And this is 1.1.25: 

Screenshot 2020-01-29 08.39.40.png

Is it intentional or just a bug?

Filip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Listeners in Discovered On disappeared?

Hey @CzechFencer

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We've taken a closer look at this with the relevant department. Now we can confirm that the listeners count under Discovered On has been removed on the desktop app with the latest update for Mac OS. In the future, this info will only be available to artists and won't be shared publicly. 

However, you can still see the artist's monthly listeners on their artist profile.   

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Highlighted

Hey there @CzechFencer

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We're currently aware that some users are experiencing such issues after updating to Mac OS Catalina. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

IvanModerator
Highlighted

Composer

Solution!

Hey @CzechFencer

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We've taken a closer look at this with the relevant department. Now we can confirm that the listeners count under Discovered On has been removed on the desktop app with the latest update for Mac OS. In the future, this info will only be available to artists and won't be shared publicly. 

However, you can still see the artist's monthly listeners on their artist profile.   

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

IvanModerator

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Composer
OK, that's what I thought. Thanks for your response.

Filip
Highlighted

this is awful

Highlighted

Visitor

you’re destroying opportunities for artists to get heard. **bleep** you spotify

Highlighted

Regular

This is a bad idea. Many curators on your platform used this number to gauge whether their playlists were curated well and helping artists. Artists used these numbers to pre-screen playlists when pitching music to them. You're forcing both to rely on the playlist follower metric, which does not always indicate a helpful playlist, unfortunately. Another example of "don't fix it if it's not broken". 

Highlighted

Regular

Why the **bleep** would Spotify do this? How does this improve the user experience? This was a cool feature and deleting is taking a HUGE STEP BACKWARDS. 

Keep your strange
Highlighted

Composer

It is a pity, indeed. This feature was very useful for playlist curators to observe how the playlist is suitable for a particular artist. For instance, if the artist's track was added 3 months ago and the number of monthly listeners in Discovered On is very low (or the playlist does not appear there at all), it probably means that people who play this playlist are not too much interested in this song, hence the artist's style.

It would be really cool if Spotify reconsiders this decision.

Filip

SUGGESTED POSTS