Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Unable play on Google / Chromecast speaker from Desktop, works on iOS though

Hi there, I am permanently unable to connect to Google Chromecast Audio from MacOS (Catalina 10.15.2, but also prior to that). I am using the most recent Spotify version. I CAN see all of my speakers from my mobile device though (iOS, most recent). B...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   I am permanently unable to connect to Google Chromecast Audio from MacOS (Catalina 10.15.2, but also prior to that). I am using the most recent Spotify version.   I CAN see ...
  • mattysprague
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Spotify Connect Desktop
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Strange activity on recently played - but only in mac desktop app.

Hi,I have a strange activity on my desktop mac app, and only here.I have artist on recently played list that i've never listened.In android app everything is ok. AndroidMac Desktop Any ideas?Thank You for help.JuniorX

Screenshot_20200407_110732_com.spotify.music.jpg Zrzut ekranu 2020-04-7 o 11.08.36.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a strange activity on my desktop mac app, and only here. I have artist on recently played list that i've never listened. In android app everything is ok.   Android Mac Desktop...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Size of cover image changes to extra-large

PlanPremiumCountryHungary Device Operating SystemmacOS Mojave (10.14.6) My Question or IssueIf I change the app size to full-screen, sometimes the cover images on the Home screen will be extra-large, sometimes they will stay normal-size. Please check...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Hungary   Device   Operating System macOS Mojave (10.14.6)   My Question or Issue If I change the app size to full-screen, sometimes the cover i...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error Code 30 - Spotify not working on Mac

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMacbook Pro early 2016Operating SystemMac OS Sierra 10.12.6 I am unable to log into Spotify or use it on my desktop due to Error Code 30. This is what it says when I try to log in. When I try to play the web player, this i...

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 8.31.17 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 8.35.17 PM.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA    Device Macbook Pro early 2016 Operating System Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6   I am unable to log into Spotify or use it on my desktop due to Error Code 3...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
    error code 30
    firewall
    Mac
    proxy
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Impossible de listen a music

PremiumCountryFranceDeviceMacBook Air 2015Operating SystemMac OS catalina 10.15.3My Question or IssueFor about one year, I was not able to listen a music on my Spotify on my Mac. I have no message but the music doesn't begin. I already tried to re-in...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Country France Device MacBook Air 2015 Operating System Mac OS catalina 10.15.3 My Question or Issue For about one year, I was not able to listen a music on my Spotify on my Mac. I ha...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution The music changes without me pressing a button

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceMacbook Air 2015Operating SystemIOS 10.15.3 My Question or IssueHello,I have a problem with the spotify app on mac. I reinstall the application several times and try on another computer, but I still have the same problem...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country France Device Macbook Air 2015 Operating System IOS 10.15.3   My Question or Issue Hello, I have a problem with the spotify app on mac. I reinstall the ap...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Deleting songs in Liked songs

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceMacbook AirOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueHello, I have a problem with Spotify on my computer. For a while now, I have some songs that were on my computer and they automatically were placed in "Local Files" b...

• Plan Premium Country France Device Macbook Air Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue Hello, I have a problem with Spotify on my computer. For a while now, I have some songs th...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution RIP Friend Activity - In Memorium of Instant Accidental Irrevocable Unfollowings!

My Question or IssueThis is how it happens...I'm chilled out and relaxed, listening my favourite playlist radio.I glance across to my Friend Activity feed and see my good friend with super cool music taste is listening to something I've never heard o...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue This is how it happens... I'm chilled out and relaxed, listening my favourite playlist radio. I glance across to my Friend Activity feed and see my good friend with super cool...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Friend Activity
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Radio/Autoplay not working with playlist duplicates

OS: Mac Mojave 10.14.6 Spotify Version: 1.1.27.472.gf6574b97.Also happens on Windows desktop.Steps to reproduce Radio:1. Completely close Spotify.2. Start Spotify.3. Open a playlist with duplicates in it. Right Click -> Go to playlist radio.4. Should...

• Regular
  • OS: Mac Mojave 10.14.6  Spotify Version: 1.1.27.472.gf6574b97. Also happens on Windows desktop. Steps to reproduce Radio: 1. Completely close Spotify. 2. Start Spotify. 3. Open a playlis...
  • samchungy
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution OR function does not work in Search

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceMacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)Operating SystemCatalina: 10.15.3 (19D76) My Question or Issue I am trying to use the OR function in a search by using artist:"artist 1" OR "artist 2" and once I type in OR it seems to only sea...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) Operating System Catalina: 10.15.3 (19D76)   My Question or Issue   I am trying to use the OR function...
  • ScottRD65
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to a playlist.

Why does this happen? All of my playlists except for this one work.attachment below

• Visitor
  • Why does this happen? All of my playlists except for this one work. attachment below
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Play On Spotify" Button STILL does not work when you embed a playlist web widget

I've embedded a Spotify playlist on my website. When you click play, it only plays the first 30 seconds of the first song (I totally understand this is due to licensing restrcitions - not a problem) But, after about 5 seconds of playing the first son...

• Visitor
  • I've embedded a Spotify playlist on my website. When you click play, it only plays the first 30 seconds of the first song (I totally understand this is due to licensing restrcitions - not a problem) ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist doesn't list number of subscribers anymore

I'm on Premium. A useful way to sort through playlists from a search was to look at the number of subscribers, you could easily sort out idiosyncratic playlist and get more professional and accurate ones by seeing a large amount of subscribers. There...

• Music Fan
  • I'm on Premium. A useful way to sort through playlists from a search was to look at the number of subscribers, you could easily sort out idiosyncratic playlist and get more professional and accurate ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • curation
    junk filtering
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not syncing with Discord on Mac

I use last.fm and have my spotify synced to my discord account and when i'm using spotify on my phone both discord and last.fm show me listening to the songs but when i'm listening on my macbook pro none of the data syncs even though i'm logged into ...

• Casual Listener
  • I use last.fm and have my spotify synced to my discord account and when i'm using spotify on my phone both discord and last.fm show me listening to the songs but when i'm listening on my macbook pro ...
  • Xenia
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify play songs I don't pick

Lately everytime I use my Spotify app this pick songs I don't. Sometimes I'm listening to a song and change to a different one from a completely different style I don't even listen to. This morning says it was playing music on Chrome on Web browser b...

• Visitor
  • Lately everytime I use my Spotify app this pick songs I don't. Sometimes I'm listening to a song and change to a different one from a completely different style I don't even listen to.   This ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Keeps Crashing

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceMacbook 2017Operating SystemMac My Question or IssueHello!So for some reason my Spotify keeps closing after a song has played (it'll play a few and then close on its own). As well as, I tried liking a song and it closed. I ha...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device Macbook 2017 Operating System Mac   My Question or Issue Hello! So for some reason my Spotify keeps closing after a song has played (it'll p...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When I go to change my playlist cover for any of my playlists, my pictures won't open.

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.Device(MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)Operating System(macOS Mojave Version 10.14.2) My Question or IssueFor my playlists I like to put my own cover art/pictures on them and I do that by going to my icloud pictures tha...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device (MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) Operating System (macOS Mojave Version 10.14.2)   My Question or Issue For my playlists I like to put my own...
  • calliewg
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist cover image
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error: "Can't play the current song".

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceMacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)Operating SystemMacOS Mojave 10.14.6 My Question or IssueAfter pausing a song for 2-3 minutes, resuming play will result in a "Can't play the current song." error. I have to close and ...

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 11.43.50 AM.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) Operating System MacOS Mojave 10.14.6    My Question or Issue After pausing a song for 2-3 minu...
  • CruiousMind
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Delete playlist button is not working on playlist page

DeviceMacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)Operating SystemmacOS 10.14.6 (18G3020)Client version1.1.27.472.gf6574b97 My Question or IssueDelete button is not working under More menu on playlist page.

• Casual Listener
  • Device MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) Operating System macOS 10.14.6 (18G3020) Client version 1.1.27.472.gf6574b97   My Question or Issue Delete button is not working under More menu o...
  • alexdanaila
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Copy paste song titles... because i don't know how to type in other languages

\My Question or Issue I would like to be able to copy pase song titles to look for lyrics. I type in russian verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow and it is such a pain in the **bleep** when you won't allow someone to do something as simple as copy paste. I get th...

• Visitor
  • \ My Question or Issue   I would like to be able to copy pase song titles to look for lyrics. I type in russian verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow and it is such a pain in the **bleep** when you won't a...
  • Fifly25
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes