Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play song when changing audio device

This issue still exists and seriously annoys me.More than a year later nothing has changed.@Spotify: will this ever be solved? If so, when? What do you need from me to resolve this issue?

• Music Fan
  • This issue still exists and seriously annoys me. More than a year later nothing has changed. @Spotify: will this ever be solved? If so, when? What do you need from me to resolve this issue?
  • seanbon
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • apple
    audio source
    bluetooth
    Desktop
    macbook
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

overlapping buttons

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceMacbook Pro mid 2015Operating SystemOS 10.12.6 My Question or IssueOn mac app, the search bar, as well as the account button, are overlapping other buttons within the app to control navigation. For instance the "See mo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Macbook Pro mid 2015 Operating System OS 10.12.6   My Question or Issue On mac app, the search bar, as well as the account button, are overl...
  • alexnapo-ca
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't See Friend activity

PlanPremium CountryAustralia DeviceMacbook air 2018 Operating Systemnot sure My Question or IssueMy friend feed is not showing up on my laptop, I have restarted my laptop, uninstalled and reinstalled spotify, and tried to turn the 'see friend activit...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Australia   Device Macbook air 2018   Operating System not sure   My Question or Issue My friend feed is not showing up on my laptop, I have re...
  • georgieemily
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Public playlists on my profile

Hi I'm wondering why I'm able to "make public" some playlists that belong to others, but not all. Some of these are Spotify's playlists rather than other users.

• Visitor
  • Hi I'm wondering why I'm able to "make public" some playlists that belong to others, but not all. Some of these are Spotify's playlists rather than other users. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to access website (www.spotify.com) from Macbooks

DeviceMacbook Pro late 2016, running latest MacOS I created a Spotify account some time ago but have only just reached the point of wanting to use it. I tried to run the program on my Macbook but it just did nothing. I decided to delete it (cleared t...

• Casual Listener
  • Device Macbook Pro late 2016, running latest MacOS   I created a Spotify account some time ago but have only just reached the point of wanting to use it.   I tried to run the program o...
  • ZaidAinCanberra
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist folders not shuffling evenly

I have a playlist folder with playlists from different singers. However, when I shuffle this folder one playlist/singer completely dominates my queue. And it seems to be whichever playlist is at the bottom of the folder. In the picture you can see 75...

• Music Fan
  • I have a playlist folder with playlists from different singers. However, when I shuffle this folder one playlist/singer completely dominates my queue. And it seems to be whichever playlist is at the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sidebar shows codes

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceMacBook ProOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueOn my side bar, for example, instead of showing "playlists" it shows "sidebar.playlist_playlist". Its not only for the playlist option, its for all titles. You can s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device MacBook Pro Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue On my side bar, for example, instead of showing "playlists" it shows "sidebar.playlist_pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Flip/reverse song order in playlist

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: Macbook Pro 2012Operating System: MacOS Mojave I played a bunch of songs for a dance party, and I want to make a playlist out of them, in the order they were played... so I looked at my history, highlighted all the so...

• Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: Macbook Pro 2012 Operating System: MacOS Mojave   I played a bunch of songs for a dance party, and I want to make a playlist out of them, in the orde...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops playing songs in my liked songs and gives me an error.

So I decided to fiddle around and block ads without getting Spotify premium and that caused all my songs to cease playing beyond the first couple of seconds. I tried everything, from cleaning the hosts file to doing a clean reinstall.

• Regular
  • So I decided to fiddle around and block ads without getting Spotify premium and that caused all my songs to cease playing beyond the first couple of seconds.   I tried everything, from cleanin...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Links to my Spotify playlist don't work

Free accountCountry: Australia Device(Macbook Pro)Operating System(Catalina 10.15.4) I have recently tried to enter a link from someone else's playlist into Chrome. It just comes up with a "site can't be reached" message. The message also comes up wh...

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 2.42.05 pm.png
  •   Free account Country: Australia   Device (Macbook Pro) Operating System (Catalina 10.15.4)   I have recently tried to enter a link from someone else's playlist into Chrome. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • chrome
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

STILL can't delete a playlist

Family Plan premiumMacbook Pro 2015 I haven't been able to delete a playlist. I have logged in and out, tried to update, refreshed the page. Tried using my delete button on my keyboard. Restarted my computer. But no page will pop up to delete it--thi...

• Visitor
  • Family Plan premium Macbook Pro 2015   I haven't been able to delete a playlist. I have logged in and out, tried to update, refreshed the page. Tried using my delete button on my keyboard. Re...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App for OSX uses 100% CPU

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceMacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)Operating SystemMojava 10.14.5 (18F132) Spotify client for OSX has been using 100% CPU for a few months and its un-acceptable. My previous post was merged into https://community.spotify.com/t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) Operating System Mojava 10.14.5 (18F132)     Spotify client for OSX has been using 100% CPU for a few ...
  • Elena
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution podcasts "can't play the current song"

PremiumCountry USAMac mini Mojave Almost alway when I try to listen to a podcast I get a "can't play the current song". I have to reboot spotify and it works. This doesn't happen with music. Any ideas?Thanks

• Regular
  • Premium Country USA Mac mini Mojave   Almost alway when I try to listen to a podcast I get a "can't play the current song". I have to reboot spotify and it works. This doesn't happen with mu...
  • rolomoto
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping causes sound to stop

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemiOS 10.14.6 Mojave When listening to a song, if I skip to the next track, it shows it as playing but there's no sound. Pause/play causes the song to stop and restart. If I skip back 1 track, th...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Macbook Pro Operating System iOS 10.14.6 Mojave   When listening to a song, if I skip to the next track, it shows it as playing but there's no sound. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution One new song cant be played in any devices and web player

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceMacbook Air Operating SystemOS Catalina version 10.15 My Question or IssueSo, my favorite singer from Indonesia just released a new song. I have tried to play in all my devices but the song cant be played. The p...

• Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device Macbook Air  Operating System OS Catalina version 10.15   My Question or Issue So, my favorite singer from Indonesia just released a ne...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist image

I'm trying to upload my own image to playlist. Every time I hoover over the playlist stock image it says "edit image" but if I move to cursor to pick on this option it disappears. PremiumIreland Device(macbook pro mid 2012 ,10.14 Mojave )Operating Sy...

• Visitor
  • I'm trying to upload my own image to playlist. Every time I hoover over the playlist stock image it says "edit image" but if I move to cursor to pick on this option it disappears.    Prem...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Disappearing Local Files on Desktop

Plan: PremiumFree/PremiumCountry: USA DeviceMac Pro 2013Operating SystemiOS 10.15.4 My Question or IssueFor a long time now, when I go to a playlist made up entirely of local files either the entire playlist is grayed out or one or two of the songs i...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan: Premium Free/Premium Country: USA   Device Mac Pro 2013 Operating System iOS 10.15.4   My Question or Issue For a long time now, when I go to a playlist made up ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is restarting my queue automatically

PlanFree/PremiumCountryColombiaDeviceMacbook Pro 2019Operating SystemmacOS Catalina Hi Everybody! I have been trying to play all my liked songs in Spotify but there is a moment when my queue is being restarted nearly to the end of a song whit no reas...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Colombia Device Macbook Pro 2019 Operating System macOS Catalina   Hi Everybody!   I have been trying to play all my liked songs in Spotify but there is...
  • blesfia2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution When listening to music on spotify, sometimes red flashing dots appear at the bottom of the window t

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify web player stops playing when I switch podacast or playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHi! I keep having to delete the history and cookies to make Spotify play.When I listen to som...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hi! I k...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes