Plan

Free/Premium family

Country UK

Device

iphone 7

Operating System

Mac high sierra

My Question or Issue

i am new to spotify. I apologise if this has been posted, but i cannot find a similar post elsewhere.

I have several albums on itunes that are not on spotifys catalog. E.g. the white room by the KLF. 

I have a copy of the CD and have copied the CD to itunes.

I added the local folder containing the tracks under the source folder options (cant remember the exact menue item in the spotify settings page) and when i click on "local files", the tracks are there on my mac desktop and play fine.

I then made a playist called KLF and added these tracks

My iphone is on the same wifi / home network as the mac.

However, i waited about an hour and none of the tracks appear on the playlist on my iphone. Am i expecting something that isnt going to happen or should this playlist sync on to my phone.

Do i click the "downloaded" switch on the mac desktop?

heshan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

HI @heshanindra ! 🙂

So far, those are all the correct steps to take. Just to confirm, you do have the Premium plan on your phone? If so, all you need to do is click the "download" button at the top of the playlist on your phone itself so it can store the local files to the HD.

You shouldn't have to do this on your Mac - as downloading playlists on there are just for offline listening.

There's a great article posted here if you run into any other issues with offline/downloaded listening.

Hope this helps and have a good one! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

HI @heshanindra ! 🙂

So far, those are all the correct steps to take. Just to confirm, you do have the Premium plan on your phone? If so, all you need to do is click the "download" button at the top of the playlist on your phone itself so it can store the local files to the HD.

You shouldn't have to do this on your Mac - as downloading playlists on there are just for offline listening.

There's a great article posted here if you run into any other issues with offline/downloaded listening.

Hope this helps and have a good one! 🙂

Thanks. YOur solution was excellent. It did work but only today!! i.e. i did all this the day before yesterday and turned spotify on my mobile this morning and after about 5 mins, the files arrived.

Thanks again. Now i am looking for a way to import all the itunes tracks and to identify quickly which ones spotify has and which spotify doesnt have

Thanks

Suggested posts