Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[MacOS] Spotify not available in the App Store (why?)

Solved!

[MacOS] Spotify not available in the App Store (why?)

Hi!

I was informed a few days ago that Spotify officially released the MacOS M1 version of the app, and was looking for it at the App Store, but is still missing. Then I found out that the only way to get it, was downloading directly from the Spotify site, and there is my question:

Why is not available in the MacOS App Store, like it does on the iOS App Store? Will it be available there someday, or there is a reason behind that decision?

(I'm talking about the Apple Silicon version, for the M1 processor)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @HeyThisIsFrank

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're afraid we don't have any info about this at the moment, but we'll let the right team know you'd like to have this option in the future, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, the Community is here for you!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @HeyThisIsFrank,

Thanks for the post.

We don't have any official info on why the M1 native app is not yet available on the MacOS App Store. Since this involves a third party service, we can't say for sure when or if it will be made available.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, thanks for the reply Alex. A couple of questions about it: Did you guys send/apply your app to the MacOS App Store? Is it at least part of the plan?

Thanks in advance for any info about it!
Marked as solution

Hi there @HeyThisIsFrank

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're afraid we don't have any info about this at the moment, but we'll let the right team know you'd like to have this option in the future, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, the Community is here for you!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,
Thanks for you answer. I hope the team take this comment,

Best regards!

Wow, that is most certainly NOT solved.

The only reason businesses list their apps in the iOS App Store is because Apple forces them to. They don't have to on Macs.

Suggested posts