Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
Macbook Pro early 2015)
macOS Sierra 10.12.6
My Question or Issue
Immediately after updating the desktop app I have encountered several issues making it unusable.
50% of the time I get a black screen and nothing happens.
If the app does load properly, I can browse, search and view playlists as normal. But as soon as I play a song:
- the album art, song title & artist do not update (it is stuck on something I played long before updating)
- the play/pause & skip track buttons do not function
- keyboard shortcuts and media keys do not function
- progress bar is stuck at 0:00
- trying to browse or view playlists no longer works and only shows a black screen
- the only way to quit Spotify is to Force Quit
I have tried reinstalling.