Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Jpg Cover Image Is Invalid?

Solved!

My Jpg Cover Image Is Invalid?

Hi, okay soooo im trying to put a (900x900 pixel) cover image on my playlist (i dont have explicit artist permission to use it so im keeping it secret/for my own personal enjoyment until i do) and it was originally a png, but i duplicated the image and converted it to jpg format like im supposed to but i still cant use it? because apparently its not the correct type of jpg? just look at this screenshot i took of the message it gives me: Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 3.57.44 PM.png

so im extremely confused because its never told me this before? i tried making the playlist public to see if it would let me update the cover image then but it didnt  work. i redownloaded the image from my (chrome) browser into jpg format from the get-go and that didnt work. i took a screenshot of the image then converted that screenshot into jpg format and it still didnt work. i typed the extension as .jpeg instead of .jpg and it still didnt work? can someone please help me figure out why this is suddenly being so picky or if its always been like this? thanks? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You said, "I [you] don't have explicit artist permission to use it", it being the cover image. In the playlist image guidelines it includes the guidelines (cue the name) under property and privacy of copyright, trademark, and personal image. Under the section of "personal image" the last sentence it is states, "Basically, do not post an image of an individual without their consent." And since you are directly downloading the image from the browser it may be connected to the guidelines. The screenshot may be different though. Have you tried other images before that have been screenshot? Maybe you could screenshot something else and see if it is connected to screenshots or to that specific photo. And if it is just that specific photo you are using, I just sugest that you try and find another image.

Also, you probably have but I wanted to check if you attempted to insert other unrelated photos into this specific playlist. Because it may not be the image but just spotify acting up, the playlist, or something else.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

You said, "I [you] don't have explicit artist permission to use it", it being the cover image. In the playlist image guidelines it includes the guidelines (cue the name) under property and privacy of copyright, trademark, and personal image. Under the section of "personal image" the last sentence it is states, "Basically, do not post an image of an individual without their consent." And since you are directly downloading the image from the browser it may be connected to the guidelines. The screenshot may be different though. Have you tried other images before that have been screenshot? Maybe you could screenshot something else and see if it is connected to screenshots or to that specific photo. And if it is just that specific photo you are using, I just sugest that you try and find another image.

Also, you probably have but I wanted to check if you attempted to insert other unrelated photos into this specific playlist. Because it may not be the image but just spotify acting up, the playlist, or something else.

hi, thanks for ur input. all the other cover images ive used are from comic book panels & not technically anyones personally published online work, so i think overall that theory makes sense. im glad spotify has protections against art theft, though im kind of disapointed i cant use the image. i guess ill just need to make my own in that case¯\_(ツ)_/¯ thanks for ur help!

Another reason why the image may not work I've found: 

Sometimes it wont allow screenshots or anything uploaded from Ms Paint.

A solution I've found for this is to save the image to Fire Alpaca, a free drawing software, and adding .jpg at the end and it let me use the image then. Hope this helps!

Suggested posts