Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

my spotify is not loading and the screen is black.

my spotify is not loading and the screen is black.

I have tried turning my computer on and off and my wifi connection is secure
17 Replies

Hey there @fd121,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

We had a look in to this and we can see that few users recently reported issues with the Web Player. However, our tech folks has since made some tweaks backstage, so everything should be up and running again. 

Just to confirm, are you still experiencing issues with this? If so, could you let us know if it happens both with the app and with the Web Player?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue here now… 😞

Still the same issue.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, are you still experiencing this issue? If so, could you send us the info @Maria asked for previously (if you haven't already)? 

On another note, we suggest checking if the same happens in an incognito window and a different browser. Also, make sure to try clearing cookies and cache of your browser to see if that makes the difference. 

Additionally, sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end would come in handy. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I'm facing the same problem right now, it has been loading but nothing is appearing on the screen.

Web player on Chrome is black (incog tab as well) and downloaded app's home page is not loading. I tried clearing cache but still does not make a difference. It works on safari.

Hi folks!

Could you check if disabling all browser extensions has any effect on this? If you're using a VPN, try disabling it temporarily as well to see if that does the trick.

Something else that's worth checking is your hosts file and removing any lines that mention Spotify in the address. You'll find a detailed guide here.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator

The problem persists, no matter if I am in Incognito Mode or with all extensions disabled. I tried Chrome and Edge browsers.

If I delete all Cookies the website loads. Until after I login, the black screen is immediately back. 

Looking into the browser's console, I see a couple of HTTP error codes 400, 404 and WebSocket failures:

* GET https://open.spotifycdn.com/cdn/build/web-player/2789.undefined.css net::ERR_ABORTED 404 (Not Found)
* GET https://spclient.wg.spotify.com/ads/v2/config?market=DE 400 (Bad Request)
vendor~web-player.1fa40e56.js:1 WebSocket connection to 'wss://gew4-dealer.spotify.com/?access_token=BQAByH4rp01A-B9-8Gk0vQKhQsjclt_…RGJbVlasDFh-2mbFzwOti9LduIPtIKZP1cnqOhmZ7ZubFYxRTtZFx6ZvJbUC3lFKloQ58fzNG7' failed:
authenticate @ vendor~web-player.1fa40e56.js:1
* Uncaught (in promise) DealerError: Cannot connect to dealer
at f._handleError (vendor~web-player.1fa40e56.js:1:1354605)

See also the attached log file.

Hope that helps.

Hey @jpeg1986,

As @Yordan has suggested, you could also try removing any lines that mention Spotify in the address from the hosts file
If this doesn't help out, we can check if this is somehow related to your account. To do so, you can either log in with an account of a friend or relative or you could also create a new account on the free tier for testing purposes.

Keep us posted on how things go! We'll be on the lookout 🙂

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

My host file does not mention any Spotify related domain. 

Hey @jpeg1986,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

Just to cover all the basics and keep investigating this behavior, would you mind confirming if you're using any VPN connection? If so, could you turn it off to see if it makes any difference?

Also, if you're using a work PC, would you mind (if possible) checking on a different computer using your own account? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out. 

Lastly and if the issue persists, taking into account the website loads when you delete cache, until you try to log in, could you have someone log in with their account on your device (it could be the same friend or family member) to see if the issue persists? This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator

The problem is clarified. My organization messed with WebSocket SSL policies and corrected that meanwhile.

Fun fact: They just became aware of the problem when IT staff members were unable to listen to Spotify ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for getting back with this update @jpeg1986.

Should you need help with anything else, the Community's here.

Have a good one 🙂

IvelinaModerator

Hi I am now having the same issue..   Spotify loads in the browser ok until I login and then I get a blank black screen, very frustrating, it has always worked ok until now... tried edge, chrome and firefox. looking at teh logs i can see this in chrome 

vendor~web-player.ab5cc4b7.js:1 WebSocket connection to 'wss://gae2-dealer2.spotify.com/?access_token=BQCFMoTheNlovtQVLEAgnEMPopt3iX…rsbNIVc_7j5ooxxaE2iBZ5gwWH2no6xBsi5sN_nKy7-6i9aUKogVbLFqaOiyOAUEjLSauEDWdA' failed:
 authenticate@vendor~web-player.ab5cc4b7.js:1

Hey @chrisroe1,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, have you tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned previously in this thread? This is to avoid repeating processes that you may have tried already.

If so and the issue persists, would you mind confirming if the affected computer is a work PC? If not, could you confirm if you have any VPN active when you get the black screen? 

Lastly, it would be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your computer - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

Hi @oscardc thanks for your reply,In answer your questions

Yes i have tried the steps above, no joy. I am using a work PC, issue persists when I log on via the VPN or not. I have logged on using another account and still the issue persists. I have also logged on to another PC (home one) using my account and that worked ok, so seems to be limited to my work PC and not account related. I have asked around at work and nothing appears to have been installed by the company between Monday (when it was working ok) and yesterday when the I got the issue

thanks

Appreciate the response and info @chrisroe1 and thanks for the cooperation!

Since you've tried all of the troubleshooting suggested so far and this is happening only on the work PC, we believe that the issue would most probably be with some work restrictions.

If there's anything else we can help you with, don't hesitate to let us know.

IvelinaModerator

Suggested posts