Playing sounds on chrome breaks mac client

Solved!

Playing sounds on chrome breaks mac client

Premium

USA

Macbook Pro late 2018

macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Hi!

For months now, whenever a sound plays from my chrome (doesn't matter which site), Spotify will break. What I mean by this is that when I click play again on spotify, the bar will continue to move as if the song were playing, but nothing actually plays. When I hit pause, it goes back to the original timestamp. I can keep clicking play, but the same thing happens. The only fix is to restart the client. Has anyone else countered this problem?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Lakers0606!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

You can start by turning off Hardware acceleration - you can find that that by clicking on the Spotify tab in the top left corner.

We'd also recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here which will make sure that all old cached files that might be causing trouble are removed.

Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @Lakers0606!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

You can start by turning off Hardware acceleration - you can find that that by clicking on the Spotify tab in the top left corner.

We'd also recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here which will make sure that all old cached files that might be causing trouble are removed.

Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts