Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

playlists are empty on spotify desktop

Solved!

playlists are empty on spotify desktop

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Macbook Pro 2018

Operating System

MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

My Question or Issue

I just downloaded spotify on my mac and when i opened it, none of my friends' activity showed up and all the playlists in my library were empty, even though all the custom playlist photos were popping up. when I play music from my phone, spotify connect doesn't work either. everything is working fine on my other computer. To troubleshoot, I closed the app twice which did nothing, i made sure that my phone and my mac were on the same wifi network, and i even deleted and redownloaded the app on my computer and i'm still having no success 

spotify problems.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

update: i have fixed my problem by disabling the hardware acceleration and using the steps found on this page!! Thank you everyone!!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @han_b-nan,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We appreciate you sharing with us what you have tried so far. Here are a few other things you can test to get this fixed:

• Turn off Enable hardware acceleration in your Settings. 

• Disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software, and turn off VPN if in use.

• Remove host files. Head here  to find out how.

In case the issue persists, any screenshots you can provide will also be helpful to identify what's causing the issue.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i did all of the above and it still didn't work. I'm also unable to play music from artists too, basically, i cant use spotify on my computer. this is all the information i have to give.

Marked as solution

update: i have fixed my problem by disabling the hardware acceleration and using the steps found on this page!! Thank you everyone!!

Suggested posts