Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Plays start and end of song only

Solved!

Plays start and end of song only

Plan Premium for Family (master)

Device

Macbook Pro (2018 15")

Operating System

MacOS 10.3.5

I am playing back a particular album, and it will play around 20-30 seconds of the song, and then skip to play the last 20 seconds of a song. 

I once selected to download this album. I assumed the download files had been damaged, so cleared cache and deleted the songs as per other help articles. I even uninstelled the app and reinstalled. Still does exactly the same thing. 

Another thing that concerns me is that in my account it says my credit card will expire soon. I checked my payment details, it is YEARS away from expiry. So, i checked my subscription status, and it says Premium Family. Yet in the website it asks me to sign up for premium. 

I am so frustrated with Spotify lately, numerous issues across all of my devices. I am ready to go back to Apple Play

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, i know it's been a long time since I reported this issue but I managed to identify the cause and the solution. 

The cause was due to incomplete/corrupted "saved" or "cached" songs. to correct it, I manually went in and deselected the songs as saved songs, flipped the toggle for "download" on the album/artist, and cleared the app cache on my device. 

Then when I reopened and signed in to the app, i went back and selected the album(s) i wanted downloaded to be dowloaded/played offline. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Also, please try to update your macOS version to 10.13.6 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Marked as solution

Hey, i know it's been a long time since I reported this issue but I managed to identify the cause and the solution. 

The cause was due to incomplete/corrupted "saved" or "cached" songs. to correct it, I manually went in and deselected the songs as saved songs, flipped the toggle for "download" on the album/artist, and cleared the app cache on my device. 

Then when I reopened and signed in to the app, i went back and selected the album(s) i wanted downloaded to be dowloaded/played offline. 

Suggested posts