Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium subscription: How do I stop these new annoying announcements?!

Solved!

Premium subscription: How do I stop these new annoying announcements?!

Ok, so since the new Spotify version I get annoying ads at the startup of Spotify. 

So first: Yes, I have an active premium subscription and yes, I am logged in in Spotify. Using the latest version 1.0.4.90

In German it is called "Ankündigungen" which translates to "anouncements". They start playing automatically and frankly annoy the **bleep** out of me! I mean what the hell, why am I paying? 

Anymway, to make things worse, I can click "Ankündigungen ausblenden" which translates to "hide Announcements" and this crap still keeps playing. Seriously?!? It keeps playing this annoying douchbag boyband crap until I start another song. 

So please how can I stop this annoying new "feature"? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there and welcome to the community,

To disable these announcements, go to Settings. Then under Display Options you will find an option "Show Announcements about new releases". Uncheck and you won't see announcements anymore.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there and welcome to the community,

To disable these announcements, go to Settings. Then under Display Options you will find an option "Show Announcements about new releases". Uncheck and you won't see announcements anymore.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Suggested posts