Problem logging in Spotify apps on both phone and Mac

Solved!

Problem logging in Spotify apps on both phone and Mac

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Vietnam

Device

(iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Macbook Air Early-2014)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android 6.0.1, macOS Sierra 10.12.3.)

My Question or Issue

I tried logging in via app first on iPhone a few months back, and it was successful. However, due to storage issues, I had to uninstall the app. And now I find myself unable to log in, whether it is on Macbook's Spotify app, or Android, or iOS. I can only log in on web player and it's really inconvenient. I hope someone can help me out with this. 

Below is the screenshot from the problem that arose from my attempt to log in on macbook. 

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 8.36.49 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jensakiwilbert,

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Right now it's only possible for free accounts to use Spotify abroad for 14 days. You can learn more by reading this Spotify Answer.

I'd also recommend upgrading your MacBook to macOS High Sierra (10.13.6) or macOS Mojave (10.14 released just 14 hours ago)

Hope this helps! 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Also, make sure you've installed all the latest updates available for all your OSes and Spotify too. Do you get any error messages on iOS/Android when trying to login? Are you a free tier user or you've subscribed to Premium?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi! 

Thank you for the suggestion. However, I have also tried restarting, and reinstalling following said steps, and yet nothing worked. 

And yes, I have the latest updates for my OSes and Spotify. Now, whenever I try to log in on iOS and Android, I receive a message saying "Enjoying your trip? To listen abroad for more than 14 days, tell us where you are at spotify.com." That's what perplexes me since Spotify is already available in Vietnam where I currently reside, and I did succeed in logging in on iOS like months ago -- even then and now, I'm still a free tier user.

I think the version of Spotify I have (for Android it is) is the latest, 8.4 ish something; for my mac I got it directly from Spotify download link, so it also should be the latest as well. And I have iOS 10, Android 6.0.1, and macOS Sierra 10.12.3.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Marked as solution

Hey @jensakiwilbert,

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Right now it's only possible for free accounts to use Spotify abroad for 14 days. You can learn more by reading this Spotify Answer.

I'd also recommend upgrading your MacBook to macOS High Sierra (10.13.6) or macOS Mojave (10.14 released just 14 hours ago)

Hope this helps! 🙂

Hi there, 

It seems changing Country helps! 

Thanks a lot for helping me out!

Really happy that you solved it! 🎉

If you need help with anything else don't hesitate to ask 😉

Suggested posts