Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio Error - Failed to load

Solved!

Radio Error - Failed to load

New to the spotif service.  Enjoying my 3 month premium trial!  However, I am unable to use the "Radio" function on my Mac.  Upon clicking on the "Radio" link in the left side navigation, I receive Error: Failed to load  

Any ideas on how to resolve the situation?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Cami89,

I had the same issue which I resolved by disabling hardware acceleration in the advanced options in the Spotify application. Then restart and see if the Radio loads.  Mine did, and then I just turned the hardware acceleration back on and everything stayed up and working. I also tried the solutions above but they did not fix the issue.

Hope this helps.

David,

View solution in original post

28 Replies

Hey @nbcorsillo 

I suggest you to reinstall spotify

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

Thanks so much for the speedy reply.  I have followed your procedure to reinstall Spotify.  Alas, I am still receiving the same error with the Radio function.  

Any other thoughts?

Do you have same proble on spotify web version?

https://play.spotify.com/radio
If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

Again, thank you for the ongoing assistance.

Yes, I am getting the same error using the online/web player.

I escalated your problem to staff. They will reply you as soon as possible.

Thank you so much!  I look forward to working with them to resolve the situation.

Hey @nbcorsillo

Thanks for your posts. We'd love to take a look at this.

Just to check, are you still having trouble with loading the Radio feature? If so, does then same issue occur over other devices?

We're sure we can help out 🙂

Thanks.

Hi Jason -

The radio function IS working on my iOS devices. However, the desktop app is not working on any of my Macs or the old PC in the shop.

Having the same problem, happens in the app in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Also happens in the Android app. And in the web player in Firefox and Chrome.

Have had both the Failed to load error and just a neverending "loading circle". The Android app only have the loading circle.

Have also tried to uninstall, and deleting %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Spotify as suggested in other threads. No luck.

Edit: Now I have also tried "Sign out everywhere", still get the same error.

Actually managed to get it to work.

In the Android app I went to Radio. In the upper right corner there is is a 'search for stations' icon that looks like this: ((+)). Clicked there, searched up an artist, added one, and suddenly the radio started working in both my windows installations.

The Android app still only showed the artist I added, and nothing under Recommended Stations. This started working the day after however. Don't know what triggered this.

@Jason I'm having the same issues as nbcorsillo. I've tired reinstalling, logging out and back in, and it's radio still fails to load on the desktop version and in the browser. Any help please?

I also never was able to play the radio on my desktop Spotify ; I'm under Windows 7.

Same "Failed to load" (Echec du chargement in French) message.

Thanks for your help !

I finally managed to load radio :

I used the radio first on my mobile, created a new radio, and when I restarted my desktop Spotify it worked...

Marked as solution

Hey Cami89,

I had the same issue which I resolved by disabling hardware acceleration in the advanced options in the Spotify application. Then restart and see if the Radio loads.  Mine did, and then I just turned the hardware acceleration back on and everything stayed up and working. I also tried the solutions above but they did not fix the issue.

Hope this helps.

David,

Hey !

Since the radio "fails to load" again, I tried your solution... but it didn't work for me !

Still thank you for trying to help.

Same for me. Tried all the suggested solutions and it's still this :

Fail radio.png

I'm sad because the radio worked once and I loved it !!

Having the same problem along with syncing my local files

In my initial troubleshooting, I tested the radio on my mobile devices and it worked fine. On both of my workstations the radio failed to load and was stuck with the loading icon. I performed the steps found up top in this thread. After that, the radio displayed the Failed to load error. I decided to play around and disabled the hardware acceleration. Once disabled I restarted Spotify and the radio loaded up without issues. I then re-enabled the hardware acceleration and tested again. Everything seemed to work. This was the same scenario on both of my desktop and my laptop.

How do I get to that in the settings

Suggested posts