Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random Crashes and Problems Playing Songs Since Update

Random Crashes and Problems Playing Songs Since Update

Hello. Basically, I had to come here, sign up on the forums, and make this since it has become so problematic and annoying.

It has probably come to your attention that the community has not been all too happy about the last major update. 

But, aside frome the redesign, removed features, and the strange legal status of using a previous version, I have noteced quite a few bugs since the update.

Then again, that isn't why I am here.

Every 3 or so times, when I am in the middle of another song, when I try and go to another song, It stops. 

Usually, this would be fine, and in fact, normal. Unfortunately, It does this for 5+ minutes, then crashes.

Another weird thing is that it doesn't give an error report, It just quits. Then, when I try and go back into the progam, It doesnt save where I was, and instead reverts to where I was before I started the program the time that it crashed. It was like I hadn't even used Spotify for that session.

It also seems to happen more and more often the bigger the playlist is. I haven't had a problem with it anywhere but a playlist, but I dont know if the problem exclusive to playlists.

As you can see, I am also editing/paring down a very large Minecraft playlist, so the problem has been happening less and less as I cut songs. It now only happens once every 5 minutes 😕

The playlist currntly has 166 songs in it, but It used to have 200+ In that time, I have crashed 14 times.

Also, as you may see, I am on an older version of Mac OSX, so that may also be a part of the problem. 

Also, as said in the title, this has only been a problem since the last major update and redesign.

Thanks for your time, this concludes the post.

Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 11.03.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-14 at 11.19.39 AM.png
1 Reply

I have the same thing happening to me. Right now my spotify just crashed when I was adding songs to the waiting list and when it restarted, it was around where it was when I first started it up today, and the waiting list I assembled was cleared.

Though this is the first time it actually crashed, it isn't the first time Spotify cleared my waiting list, and it keeps doing it more often. The waiting list I had the day before is suddenly cleared the next day, and the songs that are still on there are songs I already listened to. 

Though not everyone seems to have this problem, there are stil plenty who do. Something must be interfering, but what? 

(I'm a Windows user btw, and I'm not using any programs that use a lot of working memory simultanioulsy)

Suggested posts