Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Save playlists without showing them?

Solved!

Save playlists without showing them?

I have a lot of playlists (and I love my playlists!). My problem is, that I also make playlists that i only use for a short period of time (I'm a physical education teacher - and might create a playlist for a some specific dance lessons), but I might just have to use them again later...

does anybody know if it's possible to save the contents of a playlist but at the same time hide it, so that it doesn't have to fill up my already very long list of playlists??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Since pressing the delete button on a playlist doesn't actually remove a playlist, just makes it dissappear from your account, as long as your playlists are public, you can drag and drop the playlists you want to "Save" into a folder on your computer, or onto your desktop and then remove them from your account. If you ever need them again, just drag the playlist from the folder back into the Spotify client and it will open it for you. 

Give it a go, see if it works for you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Since pressing the delete button on a playlist doesn't actually remove a playlist, just makes it dissappear from your account, as long as your playlists are public, you can drag and drop the playlists you want to "Save" into a folder on your computer, or onto your desktop and then remove them from your account. If you ever need them again, just drag the playlist from the folder back into the Spotify client and it will open it for you. 

Give it a go, see if it works for you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts