Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shared playlist: sorting my playlists by date added from newest to oldest?

Shared playlist: sorting my playlists by date added from newest to oldest?

Spotify Premium, Mac (Big Sur, M1, 11.3.1)

Sorting playlists by date added from newest to oldest works fine with normal playlists. However on shared playlists I can only sort them by date added from oldest to newest. There's a column for added by, but no column for date added that I could click on to reverse the order.

Do I miss something or is this feature missing in the new app?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-23 um 09.58.23.png
3 Replies

Hey @toooooooooooom,

Thanks for reaching out about this here on the Community. We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

There's no need to disable the Collaborative playlist feature in order to sort your songs by recently added. If you can't see the DATE ADDED column, then you probably have the app open in a downsized window. You can either make it bigger / maximize it until the column shows up or try zooming out (3-dot menu > View > Zoom Out) if you prefer to keep the size of the window.

2021-04-09.png

In case this doesn't work for you, we'd recommend following the steps here for a clean reinstall to be sure that you have the latest version.

If you want to learn more about the New Desktop App, we recommend checking out the FAQ here.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on and give us a shout if there's anything else you need a hand with.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This also does not work for me on either desktop or on my phone I would love to sort playlist by date added what is going on?

Hey there @djkoley

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to make sure, have you tried following these specific steps to sort your playlists?

If so, would you mind letting us know what exactly happens when you try to sort them? Also, we'd like to know if this always happened or if it started happening after a specific event such as an update. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts