Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song is in playlist, but when I search for it, it is not recognized

Solved!

Song is in playlist, but when I search for it, it is not recognized

Hello. I have Premium Individual. I'm in Japan. (But all information is shown in English, which is what I want.)  I use Spotify on my iMac (2018) and my iPad (2020). 

The issue is: on my desktop, I created a playlist. I added a song to it. When I used the search function to make sure the song was there, the search function did not find it. I can see the song is there, but search is not recognizing it. I refreshed the page. Nothing changed. The song is "The Gift of Love." I searched for "Gift" -- nothing. I searched for "Love" -- 10 other songs popped up that have "love" in their titles. But "The Gift of Love" did not appear. I cannot understand why. 

Also, unless I'm missing something, I cannot alphabetize the order of the songs on my desktop. "Title" is not clickable, so I cannot change the order of my songs, apparently. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @DavidHalChester

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us a short screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @DavidHalChester

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us a short screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts