Bug: scrolling with mouse scroll wheel while dragging tracks no longer works

Solved!

Bug: scrolling with mouse scroll wheel while dragging tracks no longer works

danslimmon
Music Fan

After upgrading to Spotify for Mac 1.0.2.6, I can no longer use my mouse's scroll wheel while dragging tracks to a different position in a playlist. This is an important feature when working with long playlists.

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a playlist that extends past the bottom of the window
  • Click and begin dragging the first song on the playlist downward
  • Use your mouse's scroll wheel to scroll the playlist down. It will not scroll.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Bug: scrolling with mouse scroll wheel while dragging tracks no longer works

user-removed
Not applicable
Hey @danslimmon!

Our tech folks have looked into this, and have decided this is expected behaviour and not an issue.

We'll treat this as feedback for now, and let the developers know this is something you'd like to happen.

Thanks!
29 Replies

Re: Bug: scrolling with mouse scroll wheel while dragging tracks no longer works

Teresa
Roadie

Hello, @danslimmon and welcome to the Spotify Community! 

Thanks for your post, it's been really helpful. I've pass it on to the team and we'll investigate this. I'll keep you posted!

Regards,

Teresa.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

danslimmon
Music Fan

Good to hear it's being investigated. Thanks.

For the record, this bug still exists in version 1.0.3.101.gbfa97dfe.

Spotify
Spotify

Hey @danslimmon,

Thanks for letting us know.

We don't have any update on this yet and we'll pass the information on to the right team.

We'll keep you posted.

Thanks! 

danslimmon
Music Fan

Just updated to 1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b and this bug is still present.

danslimmon
Music Fan

Just updated to 1.0.5.186.ga9c24d6a and I can still reproduce this bug.

danslimmon
Music Fan

Hope springs eternal, so I'll point out that this bug is still present in 1.0.6.80.g2a801a53.

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @danslimmon

I'll see if I can get an update on the bug report for you. I'm pretty sure it's still being looked into.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@danslimmon

I just got an update. Yes, this is still being looked into.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

danslimmon
Music Fan

Hi there! Glad to hear that this is being looked into. It's still a problem in 1.0.7.157.g2a6526f9.

SUGGESTED POSTS