Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song won't play after ad

Solved!

Song won't play after ad

The last few days, I've been having an issue.  An ad will always play before the last song on whichever album I'm listening to.  After the ad, Spotify will not play the last song.  It will not play anything, but will be set up to start the album over if I click Play.

128 Replies

if you go on private mode it stops. you still have ads but the song playing continues afterwards. 😉

I'm having the same problem, it's enfuriating.

This fix worked for a little while and the files that were deleted in this post keep coming back

For some reason whenever I try to listen to a playlist or album, the next track does not play after an ad. This has been happening ever since I did my free trial so for about two weeks now. I love Spotify, but it now has been impossible to use as I have a Sleep playlist, but can't listen to more than a coulpe of songs before I just completely close Spotify and start all over. I want to continue Spotify, but I ask that this problem be resolved.

Same problem - Spotify is rapidly alienating me. I'm happy to have the ads as they need to pay their bills. But forcing me to hit the play button on the ad and THEN getting stuck in a loop where I can't play music without exiting altogether is plain ridiculous!

Same here, now it is always after the BP ad. Hello Amazon Prime music......

Bruh this aint even fixed yet? Tf is going on Spotify???

Wow, this is pretty bad if this problem has been around since 2013.  This happens on both the mobile app on my iPhone 6 iOS 9.3.5 and my Windows app on Windows 7 and the Spotify version is 1.0.36.124.g1cba1920

The app does this regularly where it'll play an ad and then go to a pause mode.  Upon clicking play it just plays the ad again and repeats the process of pausing again.  The mobile app will also do this on songs randomly where it'll finish playing a song and then pause.

This is a problem I am experiencing as of August 2015. When will the issue be resolved?

Same problem here in 3 different computers using Windows and Mac Os X

When I try to forward to the next song, it won't let me do that.  The only option that will work is to hit the play button again and the ad just plays again then stops.  Then if you try to click on a song during the ad, the flag pops up and says that song will play after ad, but it doesn't.  The ad just stops and no songs come up again.  I have tried logging out and then starting up again and that doesn't seem to work either!  It's very annoying.  Can you fix it?

This same thing happens to me every day now, too. v1.0.36.124.g1cba1920

I was hoping to purchase premium from you guys because you provide a high quality service, but right now I'm discouraged because the application is not up to your usual standards. When it comes to a block of ads, it plays them and the last one just stops at the end and does nothing. I can replay the ad and that's about it; I can't select a new song/playlist/radio station. I have to kill Spotify for it to restart and then play me another welcoming block of ads to start listening to music again. I promote your product all the time, but I think I might have to stop doing that until it works as smoothly as it used to.

I thought I was the only one having this problem. If the problem isn't too bad, I can usually log out and log back in, and my Queue will still be there. If it's unsalvageable I do the taskkill method in the CMD console in Windows 10. But other than that, it's been frustrating for me, too.

This has been happening to me as well, it is extremely annoying as I play music while gaming and the fact that it stops after an ad, means it usually happens while im actively playing a match. Needless to say its more than inconvinient to alt+tab to press play again in order to continue listening to music. I've done a clean reinstall to no avail. If this continues I'll have to switch to itunes.

Device:

Desktop PC

Operating System Version:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Spotify Version:

1.0.36.124.g1cba1920

Description:

After playing a specific ad, the TV promo/ad for "Narcos Season 2" and "Spotify Premium", Spotify pauses itself. Pressing play would restart the ad, and pressing it again will pause it, and any other button won't do anything. This happens everytime those ads plays.  Trying to play another song or list won't work either, as Spotify is playing an ad. Only "solution" is to close and re-open Spotify but having to do this over and over is not fun or the way it should be, right? Am i the only one that has this kind of trouble/bug?

I'm having this same problem too. My spotify version is 1.0.36.124.g1cba1920 and I'm on windows 8.1. To me it's happening when I am playing an album and it seems pretty random, sometimes it's right in the middle, sometimes I have only played one song off the album, sometimes it's right before the last song. Either way it plays an ad, then just stops. I try to play the same song or another song/album, and it says This song will play after the advertisement. But it never does. I click play on the ad over and over and it just keeps playing the same ad and stops, never plays the song. Please don't tell me to just "restart Spotify" because that is what I have to do every time it happens and it only fixes the problem temporarily. Please fix this Spotify it's annoying!!!

same here! happens to desktop windows 10 and android 4.4. always hang at ads and need to restart to play songs! please fix this bug! Thanks

I Downgraded to 0.8, i was the only solution i could get at this moment. Now is workin but crashes sometimes when uptading playlists 

Suggested posts