Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song won't play after ad

Solved!

Song won't play after ad

The last few days, I've been having an issue.  An ad will always play before the last song on whichever album I'm listening to.  After the ad, Spotify will not play the last song.  It will not play anything, but will be set up to start the album over if I click Play.

128 Replies

Mine stops after the Allstate ads with Adam DeVine and occasionally Nationwide ads.

Ive got a playlist on and as soon as an advert comes on the playlist just stops!

Really annoying!

Mine has been doing this for weeks I have just reinstalled and it's stuck after a few songs with the "song will play after the ad" message.

Jesus Spotify 3 years people have been complaining about this across multiple versions and you still can't get your ads working. Switching to youtube now.

Funnily enough this only happens for me on my laptop. Never a problem on my ipad (well, except for the annoying tendency to start playing ads again 20 minutes after one of those "watch this ad and receive 30 mins ad free music options).

Funnily enough this only happens for me on my laptop. Never a problem on my ipad (well, except for the annoying tendency to start playing ads again 20 minutes after one of those "watch this ad and receive 30 mins ad free music options).

My issue seems to be resolved after the last update...

My issue seems to be resolved after the last update...

I have also been experiencing this problem - whats the deal Spotify?! Can someone get back to us?

Download EZ blocker and block ads, then working fine.

Marked as solution

Problem solved already. Not sure what happen or the software updated. Thanks Spotify for rectifying the problem. Keep up the great work. Love this 🙂

Looks like this has been happening for year.  It still does this to me sporadically.  Right now for instance.

I found a solution guys, i was going through my old spotify installers, i installed an older version of spotify, which played fine, then i updated that version to the current version which got rid of the ad which stopped my music

I'm having the same issue. Seriously why can't it be fixed?

Literally after EVERY ad spotify doesn't continue playing any song. I have to restart each time. 

Same issue for me, on linux version (Ubuntu). I start the "Discover Weekly" playlist; it plays one song, then stops without playing an ad. If I select the next song in the list I get the "The selected song will be played after the ad" info box, but nothing can remove it except re-starting spotify.

I clicked on Browse to find new songs, however a FedEx ad popped up and kept replaying. I can't put on a new song and the time says that it is over. What is my problem?

IT'S BACK. It always happens to me on my firestick and my PS4 and it pisses me off it's soooooo gay I'm about go to another music provider because of this.

I hate this app

There is a Spotify ad in the corner that comes on.  No music, dialogue or anything.  It will stay there for at least 1-2 minutes and the music will not play.  This only happens with the Spotify ad.  Any other ad plays and then the music starts just fine.  It is only the Spotify ad that hangs FOREVER!  Please help.

Once again I have the same problem. Spotify web player stops after ad.

Suggested posts