Country

Switzerland

Device

M1 Macbook Air, iPhone 12 mini, iPad Pro 12"

Operating System

latest iOS or macOS

My Question or Issue

Hi,

Since this week I have a problem with Spotify Connect. All the Spotify Connect devices are shown in the list an I can connect to them. But if I press the play button nothing happens. The songs do not start to play. It doesn't matter if I use a M1 Macbook Air, an iPhone or an iPad.

Does every one of you have similar issues?

Thanks

Tobias

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

toebdoeeig

Hi Alex

After some search I found a post that says that Samsung hat de-supported Spotify Connect on their multiroom speakers. I think that is what happened to me too.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Dian

Hey @toebdoeeig,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Are you trying to start the playback by pressing the play button on the device you're casting from after you've connected to the playback device or before that?

Try starting the playback on the casting device first and connecting to the playback device afterwards, while the playback is still on.

How did that go?

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

toebdoeeig

Hi Dian

I tried both ways. I first startet e. g. playing on my iPhone and then switched to the connected device. The music stopped immediatly. And I tried to start playing directly on the connected device and the music did not start. 

Alex

Hey there @toebdoeeig,

Thanks for the reply.

This is a bit odd. Do you mind connecting both your phone and macbook to a WiFi hotspot and see if Connect works then?

This sounds a lot like a network related issue.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

toebdoeeig

Hi Alex

After some search I found a post that says that Samsung hat de-supported Spotify Connect on their multiroom speakers. I think that is what happened to me too.

Suggested posts

Env: prod