Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect with remote- Can't pause

Solved!

Spotify Connect with remote- Can't pause

I like using the Spotify app on my iPhone as a remote when I use Spotify playing from Desktop or iPad.

However, I've never been able to pause a song. If I do, it instantly loses the connection to the main device. If I try to reconnect it says "Spotify is not active on this device." Is there a way around this? 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi folks,

I had the same problem, i'm usin android mobile phone and tablet, and windows10 notebook also.

Tried this workaround: A) my phone is connected to my hifi B) phone is on charging cable C) wlan always on, no stand-by [for power-saving, look at your phone-settings] D) Spotify has to be in front on screen and important E) screen always on, while charging, [look at phone-settings]. F) i choosed "spotify repeat all", so there spotify is allways playing and connected. And i tried it succesfully with downloaded playlists and albums [offline-mode].

I know it's a roundabout way, but it works. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

bump.. i'm a premium member... would be great to get an answer

i have the same problem for a long time now!

Yes, me too!
Seeing this thread, it doesn't seem to have a high priority for Spotify though.

Hey guys,

If you could confirm the following so we can keep investigating:

1. What devices are you having this issue with?

2. The operating system you're running on these devices.

3. The exact Spotify version installed (check About Spotify)

4. Does a clean reinstallation help?

Thank you!

I have this problem with my Nexus 7. If I pause from another device, it looses connection. You can still see the device in the list but it's grayed out

This topic seems to be open since March last year, but no answer.

I've tried to following:

iPad connected to the amplifier

Samsung S5 managing the playlist

And

Samsung tablet connected to the amplifier

Samsung S5 managing the playlist

In both situations as soon as I pause the music on my S5 I am not able to restart again (tablet/iPad is greyed). As soon as I open Spotify on the tablet, connection is reestablished and I am able to manage it by my S5 again.

Seems that as soon as the music is paused the spotify application on the tablet is not reachable anymore ..

Would be nice to have a solution because sounds like basic functionality .. ?

I have the same problem. I'm using android on my tablet and phone (v. 5.1.1. and 4.4.4.). I've reinstalled (clean reinstalled!) all spotify apps and it didn't help. I tried to have my screens without any lock- or password protection (thought it had to do with something like that), didn't help. I'm running spotify versions 3.7.0.833. Is there ANYTHING that can be done (either in android-settings, or in spotify-settings)?

Same issue here - i'm a premium member. My iPhone is locked while it plays as a device. If I hit the pause button Spotify desktop on my Macbook loses the connection to it instantly.

The issue is really that Spotify isn't showing devices that are locked/sleeping. The app has to be up on the screen on the device for it to show up in the device list. Thus when you hit pause it loses the connection.

This issue is super annoying and makes the device chooser unusable. I think Apples music has much better integration. Spotify should work to get a fix for this ASAP.
Marked as solution

Hi folks,

I had the same problem, i'm usin android mobile phone and tablet, and windows10 notebook also.

Tried this workaround: A) my phone is connected to my hifi B) phone is on charging cable C) wlan always on, no stand-by [for power-saving, look at your phone-settings] D) Spotify has to be in front on screen and important E) screen always on, while charging, [look at phone-settings]. F) i choosed "spotify repeat all", so there spotify is allways playing and connected. And i tried it succesfully with downloaded playlists and albums [offline-mode].

I know it's a roundabout way, but it works. 

Suggested posts