Spotify Keeps Pausing Randomly

Solved!

Spotify Keeps Pausing Randomly

crystalfortress
Casual Listener

I'm having an issue where spotify randomly pauses, including the play/pause button switching to play (different from the other forum post I found on this subject), from what I can tell at random 5 or 10 second intervals.  At first I thought that maybe it was because it was being used elsewhere (my account is occasionally used by my stepdad), but there isn't the usual blue banner at the top of the spotify window saying it's being used elsewhere.  I tried turning off hardware acceleration and it did nothing.  Really hoping that a full reinstall isn't the only option, because I have huge amounts of songs saved locally.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Spotify Keeps Pausing Randomly

Hey folks,

If you're experiencing this issue, first please check @SpotifyStatus and/or the Ongoing Issues board to make sure there isn't a larger issue.

If it's not an ongoing issue, then we'd like to suggest a few things which seem to have worked for other users:

@musicrider27 suggested clicking on 'sign out everywhere' on your account overview page here and then logging back in.

@bombardino16 suggested updating your phone's software.

We would also like to suggest the following:

• Reinstall the app
  • Restart your device
  • Restart your router
  • Try with different WiFi networks and 3G/4G.
  • Disable Battery and Power saving mode

If that still doesn't solve the issue for you, let us know and we'll look into it.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
96 Replies

MathewCNichols
Music Fan

Same thing was happening to me on different network connections. It couldn't have been a firewall on two different NAT's. It will eventually say it dropped connection with an error number.

It seems to have resolved itself in the last hour or two.

crystalfortress
Casual Listener

I restarted my computer and the issue disappeared, but it has occured multiple times before.  Hoping this is the last :|

Olppa

My spotify keeps pausing randomly... =(

i uninstalled program, cleared cahce, started pc few times, nothing works.... any suggestion?

Sleeping

Hi, I have the same problem here.

Not I'm working in another country and using network with a network behind NAT (and also using Proxy), but it was ok a week or two ago. Now it stops every 15-180 sec randomly. Uninstalled, cleared cache, restarted PC a few times and logined with a new version of a Spotify, but the issue still occurs :(

Windows 7.

oldtrees

Hey Guys,

Make sure no other user is using your spotify account, and then see if it still pauses. This at least solved my problem, hope it helps.

The same random pauses happens to me every now and then, so I thought hmmm maybe it's a bug with the spotify app, I'll just use the webplayer instead.

Once I logged onto the webplayer it kept pausing randomly still. However, it gave me an error message right after it paused and said "this account is being used on another computer. Bingo.

I'm trying to listen to it at work, so I call my girlfriend at the house and she said it's randomly pausing for her too! Evidently we were pausing eachother, it's just the spotify desktop app doesn't give you the proper error message.

enzoptvsws

worked , thanks

musicrider27

QUICK FIX

• Go to Spotify.com
  • Click on: <Username> (Top right), Account
  • Scroll Down
  • Click 'Sign out everywhere'
  • Log back on
  • Problem Solved!