Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify always plays the same playlist at the same time everyday

Spotify always plays the same playlist at the same time everyday

Plan

Premium

Country

Aus

Device

Macbook Pro 2018

Operating System

OS 10.14.3

My Question or Issue

Everyday at 9:20am, if my laptop is on it starts playing a specific playlist, I would love to be able to stop it from doing this. I did once have the app wakefy on my laptop (an alarm system which would connect to spotify and play a playlist at the set time), but I found it never worked properly and deleted it from my macbook. I think for some reason it still makes my spotify play at a certain time. I've tried deleting and redownloading my spotify and it hasnt fixed the problem, is there anything else I can do?

5 Replies

Hey @Emma1234561234.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Log in on our website here. It's the page where you can see which apps have access to your Spotify account. Find out if there is still an app that might be interfering.

Hope it helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Thank you for replying,
I had look at the apps still using my Spotify and it there is nothing unusual there. The only apps with access to my Spotify are Spotify programs, like Spotify Wrapped up.
Since my previous post I have also updated my Spotify, however the issue is still occuring.

I appreciate your help,
Hopefully we can get this fixed.

Hey @Emma1234561234.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's possible that something is up with your account. Would you mind creating a new account to see if that solves the issue?

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your old username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

I have exactly the same issue after downloading Wakefy, which I then removed and it no longer shows up in any of my searches on my computer or on my Spotify settings yet every evening it starts up my spotify at the same time and its so annoying. 

Hey there @klintonoz,

Thanks posting here and welcome to the Community! We'll gladly help you out.

We recommend that you do a clean reinstall of the app using the exact steps here. This way you can remove any corrupted leftover files that might be causing such issues. Afterwards it's a good idea to also restart your device - this is a simple, but often overlooked step. As @Guido mentioned, you can check if Wakefy is on the list of apps that have access to your Spotify account and remove it. This support article might help.

We suggest that you also have a look at your hosts file for any Spotify entries. You can find instructions on how to do this for Windows here. For Mac you can do this so:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how you get on.

Have an awesome day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts