Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Macbook Pro 2021

Operating System

Ventura 13.0

My Question or Issue: After I updated my Macbook Pro 2021 to Ventura 13.0 the Spotify app doesn't work anymore. When I start the app it is just gray and after awhile is says that something went wrong. I have tried to reinstall Spotify but it didn't help. What can I do? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Elin2 Same happened to me. I suggest downloading the free version of CleanMyMac X, which is 100% safe and legitimate if you download it from MacPaw (all other versions are fake). Then I used CleanMyMac X to uninstall Spotify, which uninstalls Spotify and all of it's other left behind files, which causes the problem of it not working. Then return to the Spotify website, download 'Download for MacOS Current Version' and let the ZIP file install. Then open the ZIP File and install the application as normal.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

@Elin2 Same happened to me. I suggest downloading the free version of CleanMyMac X, which is 100% safe and legitimate if you download it from MacPaw (all other versions are fake). Then I used CleanMyMac X to uninstall Spotify, which uninstalls Spotify and all of it's other left behind files, which causes the problem of it not working. Then return to the Spotify website, download 'Download for MacOS Current Version' and let the ZIP file install. Then open the ZIP File and install the application as normal.

Go to the following folders one by one to remove all files related to the application.

• ~/Library/Application Support
  • /Library/Caches/
  • ~/Library/Caches
  • ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/
  • ~/Library/Preferences/
  • ~/Library/Application Support/CrashReporter/
  • ~/Library/Saved Application State/

Suggested posts