Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify begins playing random music

Solved!

Spotify begins playing random music

When listening to one of my own playlists, Spotify begins to play random (usually top hits or hip hop) music instead. I may be mid song and it will change to something completely random, or if I have the music paused it will begin playing again later with another random song.

I actually have this problem across all of my devices: Samsung Galaxy S6, MBP, and Google Home speakers. On the other devices, it will just begin playing music at a random time, either if I'm listening to something else or nothing at all. Sometimes, the Google Home speakers begin playing in the middle of night, unprompted, with completely random music.

Problem is making the entire service unusable.

Thanks!

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

MacBook Pro late 2017

Operating System

macOS Mojave

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @cam427r.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It sounds like someone might be messing with your account. perhaps you forgot to log out at a friends place. Be sure to change both your Spotify password and (if connected) your Facebook password. Then, log out everywhere on your Spotify account page and your Facebook profile.

We also suggest that you head over to this article and follow the steps that's provided in there.

If this didn't help, or it did but your account has been messed with, take a look at this article. There you'll find additional help 🙂

Hope this will solve the issue! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

This issue happened to me previously and what I assumed was that spotify is thinking that a premium account is not an actual premium account and would just add music to the playlist that your listening from, to solve this I would say try making sure your application is fully up to date !

This happend to me, and i figured that it's because someone else were logged into my account. Try to sign out everywhere. In your account overview you can do that. 

Marked as solution

Hey @cam427r.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It sounds like someone might be messing with your account. perhaps you forgot to log out at a friends place. Be sure to change both your Spotify password and (if connected) your Facebook password. Then, log out everywhere on your Spotify account page and your Facebook profile.

We also suggest that you head over to this article and follow the steps that's provided in there.

If this didn't help, or it did but your account has been messed with, take a look at this article. There you'll find additional help 🙂

Hope this will solve the issue! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I changed my password and it worked! Someone was using my account....well not anymore!

Thanks!

Hey @edna_n, glad it worked out for your 🙂

If someone you don't know has used your account, we suggest that you go through this help article to secure your account. 

Hope that helps!

Suggested posts