Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify constantly crashes on my MAC

Solved!

Spotify constantly crashes on my MAC

Hi,

I have reinstalled and deleted all the cache files but Spottily keeps crashing on my MAC. Im not able to open the application. Im paying for the Premium service, so not quite happy for paying for something that simply does not work. Any ideas or suggestions? Im currently running on Mac OS X Ver. 10.6.3

Many thanks for your support.

Cheers,

MV

79 Replies

Just downloaded the update about an hour ago, so far so good, I'll keep you updated with this.

I was experiencing multiple crashes a day (Macbook Air - OSX 10.7.4)

Wonderful, I'll give it a try!! Thanks 😉

Unfortunately this problems has been keep burning my nerves for few weeks already. I haven't found any solution.

Today Spotify has already crashed four times within two hours. Spotify for iPad and iPhone are working just fine. Have tried all suggestions found from the seem-to-be-trustful online sources.

Spotify version: 0.8.4.93.gd9f49c35

MacBook Pro 17" (Mid-2009) 2.8 GHz Intel Core Duo with 8 Gb 1067 MHz DDR3 

Mac OS X (Lion) version 10.7.4

Any help (and/or fixes from Spotify Team) highly appreciated and valued.

Cheers,
inspektor 

I don't know what changed, but I've had no more crashing probems for the last few weeks!! Thans to whoever in Spotify, fixed the issue!!   www.reverbntion.com/worldwidepocket

Yeah I have the same problem too. Really frustrating! Anyone found a fix yet?

I'm having the same problem, but this solution is no good for me because there are no folders labelled SIMBL on my Mac.

Have tried un- and reinstalling, but no joy. Any other bright ideas? Likely to cancel my subscription if I can't get this fixed...

i cant open the preferences menu without it crashing. like pretty much everyone else in this thread, i am paying for premium and to not have the ability to adjust the sound (stock treble is threatening my ear drums) is EXCEEDINGLY frustrating. please get this figure out, i dont like the fact that i am using a mac more than you guys do but i am stuck with it and if i am also going to pay for your service, i'd like it to work.

Having the same problem and looking at this forum not much solution is available. What are some other streaming services like spotify in case I have to move on from spotify. 

I have tried all of the aforementioned fixes, but my spotify keeps crashing ever half to one song. What next?

I have an iMac, Macbook air, iPhone and iPad all running spotify.

Only the iMac keeps crashing (latest version of everything)

Reinstall doesn't work. Maybe Spotify should contact Apple Care?

I am now having this issue on my Macbook Pro running OSX 10.7.5. The app will pop up on the dock when i click on it but that is as far as it goes. 

I have had the same Problem.

It all started this morning. Last night i was working late everything worked fine. I left my Computer running over night.

This morning I was searching for some new Titles and wanted to click the down arrow on the displayed Playlists. After this Spotify crashed. It wouldn't open even after restarting. I then uninstalled Spotify and manually deleted all Files related to it. (Searching the whole harddrive of the Mac for "Spotify".) I updated my Mac (OSX 10.7.5.) . Afterwards I downloaded the new installer and reinstalled it. It would start up again but upon redoing the same Steps it crashed again. Now it would crash everytime that I started it as soon as I did any action in the app. Now i reinstalled again (again deleting all related files) now it works again, tho i haven't tried to search anything yet, as I dont have time to reinstall again...

Same here. Problem started yesterday or today. Spotify starts but if I try to do anything it crashes. Mac OS 10.8.2, Spotify 0.8.5.1333.g822e0de8

So i tested everything and this fixed it for me:

1.Open finder

2.Click Goto

3. Click Library (Or go up to whole HD)

4. Search "Spotify"

5. Delete Everything that belongs to Spotify (Not the Growl Plugins) 

6. Delete the Spotify App

7. Restart

8. Update Mac

9. Restart

10. Download latest Version of Spotify and reinstall

Fixed everything for me 😃

Hello,

i have read a lot about spotify crashing on a mac but i havent found any solution yet! i have the same problem.

I open the app (it takes loooong to open) and as soon as i click on my playlists, it crashes! please help me!

What should i do?

Thank you

Description

Spotify does either not launch (only icon on menu bar) or crashes within seconds when klicking any button.

Further, launch/login does only work when offline. Going online after loggin-in leads to chrash down problem again.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. First I reinstalled as one usually does

2. Then I reinstalled deleting the often mentioned folders

3. I also repeated this until felt I was stupid

4. then I tryed the "offline launch, online listening music" mehtod and failed

5. then I asked for support here, only to find out there are MANY sharing the same problem, but none having VALID solution

6. and finally, I wrote a message to support team - so I could try my chances ate the lottery as well, I suppose.

What I expected to happen

I expect Spotify to work properly (sorry, I know, that is by far more than one can ask for)

What actually happened

Spotify does not work properly.

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

fewer than 10 playlists, none for offline use

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

My provider and country

Germany

My username

To find this, click on your name at the top right of the site (next to where it says "Log out") then click Overview.

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

Can't show a screenshot of something that does not launch, sorry.

This (above) sounds exactly like what I'm seeing. I am also in Germany - coincidence?

Exactly like my problems. And: german as well. 

Sending my problem to spotify via the contact-form only led to a no-reply-answer recommending me to check this forum.

Same problem here. I'm also from Germany.

Hi everyone - Thanks for your posts, I'm currently looking into this issue for you all. As always, the more info we have the better we can help. 

First please check out this troubleshooting post. If you're still having trouble please post the suggested template in this thread.

That way our data in is one place for this issue. I'll lock this thread to avoid future confusion.  

Thanks again guys!

Suggested posts