Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when I click on a playlist

Solved!

Spotify crashes when I click on a playlist

Hello, I am a Spotify user on Macbook and am having problems with the app. Frequently, when I click on anything from playlists to songs listed under an artist's name, Spotify crashes on me and I have to load it up again. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app didn't work, And as a premium user I'm pretty annoyed this is happening. If anyone could give me advice on how to fix this problem, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Griggitygroznak, welcome to the Community.

I see you have undertaken some troubleshooting steps 🙂

Please try to reinstall following the steps listed below:

1. Click Spotify in the menu bar then Quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
  3. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client folder.
  4. Click the back arrow.
  5. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
  6. Download and install Spotify.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running? Do you get any error messages? Please try to disable Hardware Acceleration as well. If possible try signing with your accoun on another device with similar specs or try signing in to this device with another Spotify account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Griggitygroznak, welcome to the Community.

I see you have undertaken some troubleshooting steps 🙂

Please try to reinstall following the steps listed below:

1. Click Spotify in the menu bar then Quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
  3. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client folder.
  4. Click the back arrow.
  5. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
  6. Download and install Spotify.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running? Do you get any error messages? Please try to disable Hardware Acceleration as well. If possible try signing with your accoun on another device with similar specs or try signing in to this device with another Spotify account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts