Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify desktop crashing after latest update

Spotify desktop crashing after latest update

Plan

Premium

Country

Hong Kong

Device

iMac 2018

Operating System

macOS High Sierra vers. 10.13.6

My Question or Issue

After I updated my Spotify desktop app to the latest version, it won't stop crashing. Have tried reinstalling, restarting computer etc. Problem persists. It will either crash upon opening or allow me to play half a song, before crashing. Please help.

4 Replies

Same issue, windows 10.

Did a fresh install of windows 10, spotify worked once, then when rebooted it now crashes after 15-20 sec.

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

I'd also recommend updating to macOS 10.14.3 and try to disable Hardware Acceleration, just click on the spotify Menu in your Menu Bar next to the Apple Menu, just find Hardware Acceleration and next click on it to disable then confirm to restart Spotify.
Also, if you don't use local files try to disable them inside Settings.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Tried all of that before wiping my system and starting fresh... Needless to say, it didnt work.

Windows 10 pro 64bit

Spotify version (latest)

tried both the one from the website and the microsoft store.

I had the same version. I noticed today that there's an option to upgrade to a newer version. Must be a newer, more stable release. The upgrade link was in the 'About Spotify' window, between the version number and the Copyright info.

So far, this version (1.0.99.250.g936eab8d) has been pretty solid. Everything back to normal I suppose. Hope it does the same for you.

Suggested posts