Premium

Country

USA

Device

MacBook

Operating System

High Sierra 10.13.6

My Question or Issue

I couldn't download recently added Mac "Local Files" onto my android Pixel phone. In desperation, I uninstalled Spotify on my mac, and have since found Apple no longer supports Spotify, and doesn't currently have a Spotify app to download. Yipes!!! I need access to download those Mac local files onto my Android Spotify. Is this possible? How? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MountainSufi ! 🙂

One more thing we could rule out - have you tried in already in a new browser or incognito window? 
Let me know and I'll see if I can help any further. 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Bethany!

You are indeed a Spotify Rock Star!!! I took my Macbook down to the local Mac store and they couldn't figure it out either. I tried your suggestion of incognito window, & that didn't work.

THEN, I tried a different browser... The Mac Safari. I'd been using Google Chrome. It downloaded with Safari!!!! Chrome has worked in the past downloading Spotify onto my Mac, but no longer.

If you're looking for a paying job with Spotify, please use this exchange as my high recommendation of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hi @MountainSufi ! 🙂
The Spotify app is still available for Mac and you can download it here to get it installed again. Let me know if you have any issues/questions and I can try to help some more!

Hope you have a wonderful day! 🙂

Bethany--

The download you give doesn't work. I get the message the Spotify app is only available for iOS devices (such as phones & tablets). NOT for my Macbook laptop.

Why? some sleuthing I've done shows Apple has discontinued support because Spotify uses 32 bits & Apple now demands 64 bits from the Spotify app.

This is no fault of yours. It's a recent glitch. Driving me nutz!

Hi again @MountainSufi !  🙂

I am curious as to why this is not working out for you  ... 
Do you happen to see an option to download the app version when you are in the web browser? I attached a photo for reference. It should link to the same link I gave you though, but just in case you could try it that way.
And for comparison - I am running the latest update of the desktop app on a 2017 iMac (Mojave OS 10.14).

I checked Spotify's device support page and the app should still run on Mac and Macbook that has X 10.10 and higher installed.
If you'd like to share any extra info, I can see what else I might be able to look into for you! 🙂

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 8.49.49 PM.png

Howdy!

The Mac App Store says the Spotify App is only available for iOS devices (iPad, iPod touch, iPhone).  I discovered this after I removed my quirky app & tried to reinstall it). 

I "think" it has something to do with Apple discontinuing it until Spotify upgrades from 32 bits to 64.

I can get the web app to play on my browser, but the organization of my lists is entirely missing. It's a frustrating hodgepodge. 

Bethany,

Nope, I don't see the "install app" in my web player.

When I download the Spotify Zip Installer, it doesn't work.

Hi again @MountainSufi ! 🙂
Let me check a little more into it and I'll reply back as soon as I know. 

Thanks for your patience!

Marked as solution

Hey @MountainSufi ! 🙂

One more thing we could rule out - have you tried in already in a new browser or incognito window? 
Let me know and I'll see if I can help any further. 🙂

Hey again @MountainSufi ! 🙂
One other idea recently came up - are you by chance running the Catalina OS beta? If so, then this might be the reason you can't download the app as Catalina is still in development stage (Full release in fall 2019).

It's the only other option that I can think of at the moment since the current state of the app is verified as still running in Mojave.

If you'd like to share any other details, I'll see if there's anything further I can help with. Have a good one! 🙂

Marked as solution

Bethany!

You are indeed a Spotify Rock Star!!! I took my Macbook down to the local Mac store and they couldn't figure it out either. I tried your suggestion of incognito window, & that didn't work.

THEN, I tried a different browser... The Mac Safari. I'd been using Google Chrome. It downloaded with Safari!!!! Chrome has worked in the past downloading Spotify onto my Mac, but no longer.

If you're looking for a paying job with Spotify, please use this exchange as my high recommendation of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi @MountainSufi !  

Hurray! This is FANTASTIC news! I'm beyond happy to hear this worked for you!

I hope you get to enjoy your music even more now and it's smooth sailing here on out. 

Take care! 😄

Suggested posts