Spotify isn't playing certain songs and albums

Plan

Premium

Device

Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System

iOS 10.14.2

My Question or Issue

Every playlist created by spotify and saved album I've tried have worked so far, but some albums (for example Midnight by Set it off) and songs (for example Robin Hood by Anson Seabra) don't work, although they're not greyed out. I only have this problem on the MacBook. On my phone everything works.

Screenshot 2019-02-03 at 16.38.18.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the exact problem. Try going to finder then "Go" then press "go to folder" and search "/private/etc/hosts." Then go to "hosts" and duplicate it to your desktop in order to edit it. Then remove any blocked ip's in the file. (If there isn't any blocked ip's, then this probably isn't the problem.) If the blocked ip's do appear, then simply remove them and save the file and then replace it with the new hosts. Hope this helped! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I've reinstalled Spotify twice and also restarted my MacBook too. Didn't help at all, sadly... iOS should be up to date (10.14.2) and Spotify's showing no available updates (currently at 1.0.99.250)
I've also looked through some similar question and tried for example changing some settings that could've caused the problem, but no solution yet.

I have this problem aswell.. (Running MacOS 10.14.3, and Spotify 1.0.99.250)

(Have reinstalled the application, by following your guide but it still does not work...)

Skjermbilde 2019-02-04 kl. 22.10.22.png

Update: Now the albums don't even show up anymore...
When I click on specific albums, it just shows me this:

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 22.23.13.png
Marked as solution

I had the exact problem. Try going to finder then "Go" then press "go to folder" and search "/private/etc/hosts." Then go to "hosts" and duplicate it to your desktop in order to edit it. Then remove any blocked ip's in the file. (If there isn't any blocked ip's, then this probably isn't the problem.) If the blocked ip's do appear, then simply remove them and save the file and then replace it with the new hosts. Hope this helped! 

I had the same issue for some days now! The songs won't play, my playlists are all gone and I'm really frustrated with this situation, specially when I pay for the service that I cannot use! I tried to contact the support but I can't find any email where I can directly report the situation.

I already logout and log in, did a clean instal an nothing worked 🤬 

Thank you so much! 

Suggested posts