Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not loading social bar or artist page.

Solved!

Spotify not loading social bar or artist page.

Hello,

Spotify won't  load the social activity bar, friends profiles or artist pages (remain blank, with a find people tab on the SB). It's working other than that. Happened after I installed the update this morning. Tried loading a previous version, that will open artist pages, but not the social bar (and it updates itself pretty sharpish).

I'm a premium user on a mac running OS X 10.7.5

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Toby

382 Replies

same for me, i'm on v9.1.53 on win 7. since updates i get no friend activity

Yesterday got my hopes up but... nope... still broken!

Now I do get some friends activity feed but... same account login on 2 machines (one win XP the other win 7, both same latest version 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df) showing different activity feeds!!

I hope they're still working on it...??!!

Thank you.

i think mine may have frozen again as well

The feed is still not working correctly, Its extremely slow to update, sometimes it stops updating and you have to exit spotify for the feed to start working again. We are running the same version of spotify, one PC windows 7 the other Mac....please dont ask me to reinstall as we have done that to death. thanks

Looks like I spoke too soon when I said it was fixed for me. The activity feed has returned but it's been frozen since yesterday - no new activity from my followed accounts appears. 😞

same here

My activitybar is frozen again!!! Since yesterday.

It started working monday afternoon, but since yesterday it stopped updating again...

I have a Samnsung RV 720, Windows 7, Spotify version 00901.53.g876fadf

Please solve this problem!!!

Wilma

Hey guys - We're still looking into this one for you, your posts aren't going unnoticed. 

As soon as we have an update we'll post right here. In the meantime (if you have already) posting your OS and app version is a great help--thanks!

Still doesn't work...

OSX 10.6.8

V 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df

win XP

version 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df

Activity bar stopped working 10 days ago, 4 days ago some activity, now frozen again last 2 days.

Running on win XP & 7 both with v0.9.1.53.g876fa9df.

I know you say you're working on it but it seems to be a very low priority... or a very big problem!  Can we expect this USP of Spotify to work again?  I appreciate its a music not a social site... and a good one... but if FB just "stopped working" for 10 days, then...

Thank you.

I know a lot of people are experiencing this problem, but I haven't yet found a fix on the message boards.  My feed stopped updating, and just shows my friends' activity from a week ago.  I tried reinstalling the program, but no success, the activity feed just displayed the same songs from before.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know!  The feed is one of the best parts of spotify.

Hey maxtron9000 - We're looking into this for you. Could you confirm the desktop OS and Spotify app version you're using? 

Already tried a clean reinstallation

Sorry Meredith, I dont understand why you are still asking people what version they are running, and if they have tried a clean install. We have had posts from people using XP, Windows 7 and Mac's.... same issue. It all went wrong when Spotify released the last update. All of us have done clean installs to death, we want the issue fixed.

Is simply unacceptable that this has been going on for two weeks, when I pay Spotify for a service.

Google, facebook etc would never have part of their service down for this length of time

Mac OS X 10.7.5

Spotify version 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df

Activity feed not working again. 

Hi KevWatt - We're absolutely aware this is an issue for some users and the right teams are on it. 

As always though the more info we have the better. It's also good to rule out other issues with a simple clean reinstallation. 

I'll post again right here as soon as we have an update/ more info for you all--thanks for your patience while we investigate!

win 7

v 0.8.5.1356.gd1d40f3a

v 0.8.5.1333.g822e0de8

activity feed blank for a few weeks now.

windows 7 version 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df

same for me, always stuck. It's been more than a week now.

MAC OS X 10.7.5

Version 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df

Thank you!

Meredith,

Nice te read the problem has the attention of the right people, but any idea how long it's gonna take before it is solved?
Lots of spotify users appear to have an inactive activity bar...

I did several reinstallations last month, sometimes the bar worked for a few hours, but it also meant that my followers lost my activitities aftger my reinstallation...
I'm afraid that will happen again if I reinstall now. 

So please solve this problem soon!!!

Wilma

Suggested posts