Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not loading social bar or artist page.

Solved!

Spotify not loading social bar or artist page.

Hello,

Spotify won't  load the social activity bar, friends profiles or artist pages (remain blank, with a find people tab on the SB). It's working other than that. Happened after I installed the update this morning. Tried loading a previous version, that will open artist pages, but not the social bar (and it updates itself pretty sharpish).

I'm a premium user on a mac running OS X 10.7.5

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Toby

382 Replies

My activity bar came alive after a clean reinstallation, but my follewers informed me that they couldnot see me anymore!

I advised them a clean reinstallation too but that did not help up to now.

What to do now?

This goes on and on and on...

Wilma

I did the reinstallation also and for one hour the activity bar was working, but now not anymore!!! This was the 18 time of reinstallation. Time to say goodbye to Spotify and spent my money on something better??? The solution is so easy .......... give back the previous version!!!

I couldn't use my PC for a week, was hoping when i switched it back on today the problem would be fixed, but no, nothing. Left Spotify on all day after a clean reinstall, but nothing has appeared on my feed, it was just saying 'loading' for ages, logged out/in again, then the feed just showed stuff that has been frozen for the past few weeks. I know i don't pay my subscription purely just to see what my friends are listening to, but this has been going on for almost four weeks for me now, think it's a complete joke that this problem hasn't been fixed yet. Don't you guys have any information for us, for what may be causing this bug? My friends feeds have been working fine for them.

It's been about a week for me too at this point - no updates on my activity feed.

Spotify Version: 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df

A clean reinstallation doesn't seem to make any difference for me. I just now did the following:

1. Closed Spotify
  2. Uninstalled Spotify
  3. Rebooted PC
  4. Searched HD for any files or folders containing 'spotify' and deleted them
  5. Searched Windows registry for any resources, values or keys containing 'spotify' and deleted them
  6. Downloaded latest version of Spotify from Spotify website and installed it
  7. Opened Spotify

Sadly my Activity Feed remains frozen.

Again, I'm a premium user on desktop client version 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df, running on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1. Hopefully this information is of some use to the Spotify team.

Same here. If I reinstall Spotify it works for about 10 minutes, then it freezes.

Windows 8

Spotify Version: 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df

Hi it doesn't work still countless re installs. What's weird is my flat mate isn't affected and she's running same as me latest version mac

That is exactly what i did several times (25-30 times). Even tried to format my PC and start all over.

I would really like to hear something directly from Spotify, "We're working on it", "We know there is an issue", "We will find a solution asap" etc..

I'm a Premium subscriber on two accounts since the day Spotify came out. And i LOVE, REALLY LOVE THIS application.
But me for me it has been worthless since the new design, cause nothing has worked like it should ever since.

Would hate to say goodbye to Spotify, and find another streaming service. But when I don't hear anything from them about this (for me) really important issue, I have to consider to find another application for streaming music.

Spotify, please communicate and be HONEST about this problem. Say some words, we're on your side (for now at least)

Very true, perhaps I shouldn't have updated my payment details with my new debit card details! 🙂

Hey Spotify users,

Just wanted to post this tweet I received from @SpotifyCares:

'Hey Robin, we've posted a few times in that thread. Our tech guys are looking into the issue. Bear with us /A'

Guess we'll just need some patience. 😉

A lot of patience I guess?

Activity bar worked some hours, but is frozen again...

Pfff....

Wilma

Activity feed frozen for me as well. Tried a clean reinstallation but the problem persists. Running Version 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df on Windows Vista.

STILL not working... and patience wearing thin...

I would like to add my voice to those complaining about the amount of time the feed has been down for. Surely it can't be that complex an issue to resolve?

I would really expect more effort to be put into solving this issue; the activity feed has been fantastic in directing me towards new music through what my friends are listening to and I am very unimpressed that it has not been working for so long.

Never knew it's so important until it stoped working. Please do smth about it!

Still not working, did everything  but it didn't worked out!!!  What are those people doing??? Sitting there en getting payed for something that doesn't work??? I'm losing faith and giving up! Time to say goodbey!!! Earning money but no response at all!!!

Strangely, the activity feed just started working for me again. I'm not sure how long it will last, but here's what happened:

1. I started Spotify, saw that the feed was still frozen, and decided to check if any of my collaborative playlists had been updated.
  2. Upon trying to play the latest addition to one of my collaborative playlists, the "can't connect" warning bar appeared at the top of the screen.
  3. I decided to log out and log back in to see if that made a difference. I used my Spotify password rather than my Facebook credentials to log in. (In the past I've used either on various occasions.)
  4. This time Spotify opened a new window that took a long time to load. When it finally did, it turned out to be the welcome screen shown to new users - the one where it recommends you follow artists and playlists.
  5.  I unfollowed a couple of artists and closed the window. Almost immediately after, Spotify crashed/closed. No warning, no error.
  6. I restarted Spotify and to my surprise noticed that the activity feed was working again.

This literally happened 15 minutes ago. I checked to see if maybe Spotify had stealthily updated itself, but I'm still on the same version (0.9.1.53.g876fa9df). This probably won't be of any use to those of you experiencing a frozen feed, but perhaps the Spotify team can use this information somehow?

yep - just back from Glastonbury and my feed AGAIN is stuck... Spotify team, please fix or I guess we'll have to start talking refunds - for a LOT of people.

My spotify feed now seems to randomly stick on one the people I follow and posts their updates exclusively. Anyone else getting this?

And yeah, I appreciate it seems to be a difficult problem to fix, but it's been three weeks now, so some kind of feedback from Spotify would be welcome. Beyond "we're aware of the problem, and have you tried a clean re-install"...

Also my first post on this topic is marked as solved. Not sure if I've done that by accident, but it's not, obvs.

I'm not really sure we'd be entitled to refunds, really. The activity feed is a feature of the free Spotify as well, right? So we're not actually losing out on any of the additional functionality that we pay for.

If it helps any of the Spotify tem who are (apparently) working on it, my feed has updated with two tracks that a friend listened to about an hour ago; unfortunately it is now back to frozen (the friend is still listening to Spotify, as per last.fm, but no sign of it in my feed).

Suggested posts