Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not playing new music, showing friend's feed nor connecting to musicxmatch

Solved!

Spotify not playing new music, showing friend's feed nor connecting to musicxmatch

Device

Mac

Operating System

MacOS High Sierra

My Question or Issue

Hi there. I am having several issues: the Spotify app on my Mac won't play new music that I search, it suddenly stops playing music downloaded in my playlists (simply says "can't play this song"), it does not load friend's feed activity and does not connect to show lyrics on musicxmatch, and plus, it does not open web player on the browser anymore.

Solutions I tried: deleted and reinstalled the app, shut down the computer, followed the steps to delete all spotify files and cache, but no success.

One good thing: the web player worked on the browser when I disconnected the wifi and connected to my phone's data. Can't say if it works on the app because the connection was slow.

Please help me and let me know how to fix this.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Peter,

So I find a solution for the issues. When I realized that the web player opened on my computer when I connected to a different network, I deleted all Spotify files, deleted my house's wifi settings from my computer and restarted it. Then connected to the network again and downloaded Spotify.

It worked. Playing songs normally, showing friend's feed, web player opening normally and connecting to musicxmatch normally too.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @gabiliel - help's here!

We're currently looking into an issue with the Friend Activity feed which you can track in this thread.

As for the other issues you mentioned, we're going to need a bit more info on each in order to see if they have a common root cause or if they're separate, unrelated issues.

Did all the above-mentioned issues start occurring at the same time? If so, do you remember if they started after making a change to your device?

Once we have that info, we'll know what to suggest next.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi Peter,

So I find a solution for the issues. When I realized that the web player opened on my computer when I connected to a different network, I deleted all Spotify files, deleted my house's wifi settings from my computer and restarted it. Then connected to the network again and downloaded Spotify.

It worked. Playing songs normally, showing friend's feed, web player opening normally and connecting to musicxmatch normally too.

Hey @gabiliel,

Awesome! Glad to hear you were able to resolve this 🙂

Let us know if you've got any further questions - we'll be right here.

Take care!

Suggested posts