Friend Activity Not Showing

My friend activity isn't working / appearing and I'm just prompted with "Find Friends". My Friend activity has been working fine for the last while and I upon waking up, it disappeared. The only thing it is showing now is the "Find Friends" prompt. My friend(s) didn't turn friend activity off or anything and I had not previously touched any settings before sleeping. 

I've tried:

Re-installing the app

Re-installing an older version of the app

Clearing AppData Cache

Restarting PC

Using a MacBook to login to Spotify to see if it'd appear

Checking hosts file for any blockages

Hey there folks,

Thanks again for your reports!

First, if you're experiencing the same issue, don't forget to add your +VOTE.

Rest assured our tech teams are looking into this. 

Just to confirm, does this persist when maximizing the window and toggling Friend Activity on?

Further, make sure of that all the conditions mentioned in this Spotify Answer are met in order to view activity on your Friend Feed.

If you're still having troubles, it'd be helpful if you could let us know the following details so we can pass them along to the right teams:

• Your device and its operating system version
  • The exact version of the app
  • Is "Process my Facebook Data" toggled on? If it's not and your account is connected to a Facebook profile, try toggling it on and giving it another try after 24-48 hours
  • Any screenshots of how the Friend Feed looks like for you - just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed

We'll make sure to pass this along to the right teams, thanks!

Comments
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hi there @Mononyms,

thanks for posting !

Could you please visit your "Friends Activity" setting and turn it off and back on ?

On top of that, please visit your account overview page at Spotify.com, find the "Privacy" tab of you left menu and turn on "Process my Facebook Data".

Note: if it's already on, turn it off and back on.

Keep me posted :)

sarahleggett
Visitor

Hi all

I'm using Windows 7 Professional on a Dell laptop and I'm really hoping someone can help with this.

My friend activity panel seems to no longer be working. I have tried un following everyone and re following.

I have tried uninstalling spotify and reinstalling it twice.

My windows is as up to date as it can be and I don't know what else I can try?

Hoping somebody with some knowledge reads this :)

sarahleggett
Visitor

Hi there,

I also have the same problem please could you help?

Many thanks

Sarah

lauramichelle

Over the past couple of weeks I have noticed friends disappearing from my activity feed. If I turned the "view friend activity" on and off either nothing will change or when I turn it back on even more friends will have disappeared. I have tried deleted the desktop app and reinstalling. Occasionally they will reappear but then they disappear again the next day. 

MrsLizzieDarcy
Visitor
I've been having this problem too. Now it just says "Find Friends" and nothing else. All my friends have disappeared from the feed and nothing changes even after I toggle it on and off.
anth01ogy
Visitor
Same problem on Mac. Nothing but the "Find Friends" stuff.
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

Thanks for all your reports about this - we've passed it on to our tech teams so that they can take a closer look.

If you're still having troubles with this even after reinstalling the app with these steps, make sure to add your +VOTE and following details below:

We'll keep you posted here on any updates we have, thanks!

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

Thanks again for your reports!

First, if you're experiencing the same issue, don't forget to add your +VOTE.

Rest assured our tech teams are looking into this. 

Just to confirm, does this persist when maximizing the window and toggling Friend Activity on?

Further, make sure of that all the conditions mentioned in this Spotify Answer are met in order to view activity on your Friend Feed.

If you're still having troubles, it'd be helpful if you could let us know the following details so we can pass them along to the right teams:

• Is "Process my Facebook Data" toggled on? If it's not and your account is connected to a Facebook profile, try toggling it on and giving it another try after 24-48 hours
  • Any screenshots of how the Friend Feed looks like for you - just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed

We'll make sure to pass this along to the right teams, thanks!

MrsLizzieDarcy
Visitor
Yes, this persists when maximizing the window and toggling the Friend
Activity thingy. My operating system is MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and I have the
latest version of the Spotify app. For the last several days the feed has
been blank, but asking me if I want to find friends. Today, however, when I
opened it, I did have two of my friends back, but I'm still missing one.
(Yes, I only follow 3 people on the app :) I don't have a Facebook, so
that's not connected.

Thanks for helping with this. I hope your day is going well.